Sponsored

Has anyone or will anyone be ordering the Recon?

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered, the configurator had the off-road tires as an option and that’s what I specified. However, the build sheet and window sticker show mud tires and that’s what I got. I was surprised to see the off-road tires as an option and wonder if that was a mistake. My order was unusual, so a, going to keep them until I get 35s. They look nice, tho!
I got the BF Goodrich as my upgrade. I noticed another Recon build got Falken like yours. Didn't matter to me because I was changing to 35s anyway.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I got the BF Goodrich as my upgrade. I noticed another Recon build got Falken like yours. Didn't matter to me because I was changing to 35s anyway.
I'll be doing the same, but later. I have other things to get first (and a wedding to pay for :)).

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be doing the same, but later. I have other things to get first (and a wedding to pay for :)).
The Recon looks so good you don't have to do much! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I got a buddy with an orange Jeep who will love your build.

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up mine last week. I Specificed I wanted the K02's and that's what it came with. Sticker does say MT's though. I will be taking it off road but will be doing a lot of on road driving too. Very happy with it so far. Just ceramic coated it this weekend but have not taken any pictures after yet. Here are some pictures before ceramic coat.

43481657-D1E0-4EB7-A624-F3354236E6A5_1_201_a.jpeg

F7FD1EBA-9C08-400D-B0FF-730552462E97_1_201_a.jpeg

DE983B31-1ACA-440B-9417-A5AA2B643EDC_1_201_a.jpeg

81B40343-9607-48CE-8B18-B9E745A80D84_1_201_a.jpeg

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I picked up mine last week. I Specificed I wanted the K02's and that's what it came with. Sticker does say MT's though. I will be taking it off road but will be doing a lot of on road driving too. Very happy with it so far. Just ceramic coated it this weekend but have not taken any pictures after yet. Here are some pictures before ceramic coat.

She's a Beaut! Thanks for sharing✌

-Steven

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The Recon looks so good you don't have to do much! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I got a buddy with an orange Jeep who will love your build.
Thanks! I'm so excited to have a good Jeep. Finally.

My husband ordered the back trail doors and I ordered the CMM mirrors and Spiderweb shade. We won't be going anywhere, but still love the doors off/top down. I also had to get the KC Daylighters with the smiley face (loved those on the CJs when I was in high school :CWL:).

My daughter found herself a (absolutely wonderful!) Greek boy and the wedding is to be in Greece in September, but the virus has us wondering about that. We'll get them married off one way or another :involve:.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

My husband ordered the back trail doors and I ordered the CMM mirrors and Spiderweb shade. We won't be going anywhere, but still love the doors off/top down. I also had to get the KC Daylighters with the smiley face (loved those on the CJs when I was in high school :CWL:).

My daughter found herself a (absolutely wonderful!) Greek boy and the wedding is to be in Greece in September, but the virus has us wondering about that. We'll get them married off one way or another :involve:.
My Greek wedding ...how fun!!! Let's hope some sort of normalcy returns soon. Are you going to start a 'build' thread?

-Steven

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I just got my FedEx tracking that my KC Hilites will be here in a few days! I am doing red/black cap stickers designed by JL DoItAll

Here is a pic of my photoshopping the lights on with powdercoating the brackets and mounts in white (instead of black).

Jeep angled look 3.jpg

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I just got my FedEx tracking that my KC Hilites will be here in a few days! I am doing red/black cap stickers designed by JL DoItAll

Here is a pic of my photoshopping the lights on with powdercoating the brackets and mounts in white (instead of black).

Jeep angled look 3.jpg
Looks great, really like the white brackets!

-Steven

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep angled look 3.jpg
Here are the KC cap designs from JL DoItAll

20200407_120949.jpg

Sponsored

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, really like the white brackets!

-Steven
Thanks for saying that. My 17 year old wanted them in red. They come from the factory in black. I am doing the EVO roof rack powdercoated in red with KC Chase lights mounted on the back.

I can't wait to share with you all my progress.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks for saying that. My 17 year old wanted them in red. They come from the factory in black. I am doing the EVO roof rack powdercoated in red with KC Chase lights mounted on the back.

I can't wait to share with you all my progress.
It will look great, and give it a more "factory' look to your build. The use of red (too much) can quickly overwhelm the aesthetic.

-Steven

Allstars_S2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will look great, and give it a more "factory' look to your build. The use of red (too much) can quickly overwhelm the aesthetic.

-Steven
The nice thing with doing my build on Photoshop which I bought just to do this is build is so I could see everything and how it would look before I actually do it. Something I wish I did with my builds decades ago LOL. I've also been able to see some good builds on Instagram and that helps for what I want and not want. I love the half roof in red contrasted on top of the black roof and EVO makes a low profile roof. Everyone likes different things and appreciate your thoughts!

What I want with this build is to have it feel custom and one-of-a-kind and the Recon is so unique to start with. I've designed some side graphics too and that might be the last decision as to yay or nay on that.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The nice thing with doing my build on Photoshop which I bought just to do this is build is so I could see everything and how it would look before I actually do it. Something I wish I did with my builds decades ago LOL. I've also been able to see some good builds on Instagram and that helps for what I want and not want. I love the half roof in red contrasted on top of the black roof and EVO makes a low profile roof. Everyone likes different things and appreciate your thoughts!

What I want with this build is to have it feel custom and one-of-a-kind and the Recon is so unique to start with. I've designed some side graphics too and that might be the last decision as to yay or nay on that.
That's a great use of the technology(Photoshop)!

Really looking forward to watching your build evolve as you make it unique and your own. That's one of the cool aspects to Jeeping, we can let our personalities come through. Keep the pics coming, really enjoying it.

-Steven

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

That’s a great looking Rubicon!
Sponsored