Sponsored

Has anyone noticed, changes in option pricing and available options.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
With this lock down B.S., it has just given me more time to sit a drool waiting for my new toy to arrive. I've notice some changes in the pricing and available equipment which was listed in the "Build and Price" area over the last couple of weeks.

No longer listed are the Slide Rails or the Tube Step - if I remember correctly it was about a $495 option. I've also noticed that the cost of paint has gone up to $245.00 for colors outside of the no cost area - did the cost of paint go up during the Corona Virus or did the cost of wages go up for the robots that actually do the painting?

Due to the state of the economy with only some people just getting back to work - and on a limited basis, I would hope that the people at Chrysler Headquarters, you know the ones who actually make the corporate decisions, would give serious thought to keeping the Employee Pricing until the end of June.

Something else I feel they should consider is, offer the Employee Pricing and the Bonus Cash ($1,500.00) together if one finances with Chrysler. This would be "WIN-WIN", more vehicles sold, more happy customers and Chrysler collects the interest on the loans. The APR's Chrysler is offering is not a big incentive for those of us with credit scores over 800.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, did you think you were going to get something for free from a big corporation? If so, I have some special beans I can sell you. What goes out in one hand will come back in the other. If you get a good dealer, and you are open with them you will get a good price. I ordered about 18 months ago (and sure hope it gets here soon:fingerscrossed:) but the quote I had was below employee and friends and family pricing with no special offers at the time. Although Jeep sent me $1,000 loyalty because I had a JK, some company (can't remember name) sent $500 if you bought an FCA or Hyundai plus $150 from dealers for test driving 3 Jeeps.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
These prices changed with this model year if I recall correctly. Some paint colors and the auto transmission I know went up in price. It was $2000 when I ordered in October 2018. Now it's $2750:swear:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The paint upcharge happened before corona virus. I had to pay that and other prince increases on my replacement 2020.

OP
OP

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Wait, did you think you were going to get something for free from a big corporation? If so, I have some special beans I can sell you. What goes out in one hand will come back in the other. If you get a good dealer, and you are open with them you will get a good price. I ordered about 18 months ago (and sure hope it gets here soon:fingerscrossed:) but the quote I had was below employee and friends and family pricing with no special offers at the time. Although Jeep sent me $1,000 loyalty because I had a JK, some company (can't remember name) sent $500 if you bought an FCA or Hyundai plus $150 from dealers for test driving 3 Jeeps.
I appreciate the humor. What I find hard to take is that you ordered 18 months ago and still no Jeep - sorry to hear this. Are you still hanging in there or have you moved on ?

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I appreciate the humor. What I find hard to take is that you ordered 18 months ago and still no Jeep - sorry to hear this. Are you still hanging in there or have you moved on ?
He was kidding about that. Dead serious about the other parts though. ;)

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, the paint was $150 at the start of the 2020 MY and now increased to $250. Lots of stuff went up, like the LED package also went up $200

FCA does this crap all the time.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It takes two to Tango ; as long as people pay the inflated prices, any business will keep raising those prices.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the paint was $150 at the start of the 2020 MY and now increased to $250. Lots of stuff went up, like the LED package also went up $200

FCA does this crap all the time.
All companies do this.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
With this lock down B.S., it has just given me more time to sit a drool waiting for my new toy to arrive. I've notice some changes in the pricing and available equipment which was listed in the "Build and Price" area over the last couple of weeks.

No longer listed are the Slide Rails or the Tube Step - if I remember correctly it was about a $495 option. I've also noticed that the cost of paint has gone up to $245.00 for colors outside of the no cost area - did the cost of paint go up during the Corona Virus or did the cost of wages go up for the robots that actually do the painting?

Due to the state of the economy with only some people just getting back to work - and on a limited basis, I would hope that the people at Chrysler Headquarters, you know the ones who actually make the corporate decisions, would give serious thought to keeping the Employee Pricing until the end of June.

Something else I feel they should consider is, offer the Employee Pricing and the Bonus Cash ($1,500.00) together if one finances with Chrysler. This would be "WIN-WIN", more vehicles sold, more happy customers and Chrysler collects the interest on the loans. The APR's Chrysler is offering is not a big incentive for those of us with credit scores over 800.
My 2020 Rubicon with the same options went up $1,250.00 since I ordered it.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Built a 2020 the same as the one I have (JLR) that was built 1/2/2019.
Base price is $50 more
Tow group is same price
LED group is $200 more
8.4 radio group is $250 more
Steel bumpers group is $250 more
Auto transmission is $750 more
Hardtop is $100 more
Shipping same
Mine MSRP is $47,415; 2020 is $49,015; $1,600 more; 3.4% more.
Let's see what the 2021 will be when the order sheet is released.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I am seriously considering ordering a JLUR with just the 2 L so I can get the automatic transmission and proximity entry. I really donā€™t like the pricing on these things and I want to give FCA the least amount of money for it. Iā€˜d really like to have the automatic cruise control feature but Iā€™m not gonna pay 1700 bucks for it. Headlights, Iā€™ll upgrade myself. Bumpers, Iā€™ll build myself. Stereo, Iā€™ll upgrade myself and itā€™ll sound better than their $1850 upgrade. All right $1200 upgrade but if youā€™re going to spend 1200 why not spend the extra to get the 8.4. But again screw them!

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Same options different prices. Both are for sale now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone noticed, changes in option pricing and available options. 868D9367-A9F5-4217-AF01-CA8F365D3961
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone noticed, changes in option pricing and available options. BEC28781-603D-462A-9A6D-34942E75CC76

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
One before recent price change one after.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I am seriously considering ordering a JLUR with just the 2 L so I can get the automatic transmission and proximity entry. I really donā€™t like the pricing on these things and I want to give FCA the least amount of money for it. Iā€˜d really like to have the automatic cruise control feature but Iā€™m not gonna pay 1700 bucks for it. Headlights, Iā€™ll upgrade myself. Bumpers, Iā€™ll build myself. Stereo, Iā€™ll upgrade myself and itā€™ll sound better than their $1850 upgrade. All right $1200 upgrade but if youā€™re going to spend 1200 why not spend the extra to get the 8.4. But again screw them!
Lol. Just find a used one so you donā€™t have to give FCA anything at all. Then youā€™ll really have the upper hand win.
Sponsored