Sponsored

Has anyone jumped their jeep with a lead acid jump pack?

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
So, I read a bunch of threads a while back on here about how a jump pack will not work with these JL's because of the ESS battery.

I believe the conclusion was that if something drains the batteries it will drain them both at the same time and if the smaller ESS battery doesn't have enough juice, there is some logic in the ECU that will not let the car even attempt to start, regardless if there is enough amperage present at the main battery via a jump pack.

I could see this being the case with one of the glove box sized lithium batteries, but I would imagine with a large lead acid jumper, this would be very similar to having another car with jumper cables almost charging the battery for a little while.

I didn't see any real final conclusions in that thread and it seemed to be just a bunch of very complex arguments...

So anyway, I am taking my Jeep to the beach this weekend, and I am debating whether there is any point to me taking my large, heavy, lead acid AGM jump pack.

Does anyone have any light to shine on this or any experiencing successfully using a jump pack on a JL?
Sponsored