Has anyone installed this yet?

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I like the idea of having a system like that... But you can honestly make your own for waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.. like less than $100. Trailrecon made this own and this one just folds up. I think you could also make line it in the same fasion as that one and save some money.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I like the idea of having a system like that... But you can honestly make your own for waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.. like less than $100. Trailrecon made this own and this one just folds up. I think you could also make line it in the same fasion as that one and save some money.

Yeah, that's a great video. For a similar system check this out. I find the interesting aspect of this one is the introduction of a Schraeder valve in the T, providing the option of airing up from either your compressor (quick connect) or a standard commercial source like a gas station. In the Trailrecon build it would be easy to adapt this method just by using a different fitting for the compressor connection.
https://trail4runner.com/2018/05/06/diy-4-tire-inflation-system/

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waffling between a 2 tire hose similar to this one or the 4 tire hose. I've priced out the parts via Amazon ... $103.50 (vs $161.50 for 4 tires). It'll take up a less space, cost a little less, and give the compressor a little breather while I move the hose. I dunno

Compressor question: Do you see anything problematic ... anything I should avoid with the following plan?
I plan on buying the Smittybilt 2781 ... 5.65 CFM for $160. It comes with alligator clips. I want to mount it under a seat or in my rear storage area. To power it, I plan on cutting off the alligator clips and wiring a DC plug for use with the rear or front DC outlet. If this isn't a good idea I'd like to know before I run with it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
wh
I'm waffling between a 2 tire hose similar to this one or the 4 tire hose. I've priced out the parts via Amazon ... $103.50 (vs $161.50 for 4 tires). It'll take up a less space, cost a little less, and give the compressor a little breather while I move the hose. I dunno

Compressor question: Do you see anything problematic ... anything I should avoid with the following plan?
I plan on buying the Smittybilt 2781 ... 5.65 CFM for $160. It comes with alligator clips. I want to mount it under a seat or in my rear storage area. To power it, I plan on cutting off the alligator clips and wiring a DC plug for use with the rear or front DC outlet. If this isn't a good idea I'd like to know before I run with it. Thanks.
what did you figure out?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
wh

what did you figure out?
I built the 4 tire version, and like it. I've been too busy to get off-road much, so I only used it once so far. It worked really well with the Smittybilt 2781. I clipped the hose ends to the valve stems, powered it directly from my battery, and let it do it's thing. I didn't keep a close eye on the time from 12psi to 38psi for all 4 tires because I was chatting with my passengers while they filled.

I will eventually have a permanent mount and power source, but not in my JL. I lower the rear seats and use the rear cargo area for too many various things to tie up space with the compressor. I'm going to sell my JL and buy a JT in the spring. I plan to have the compressor tied into a power source and mounted in a bed rack box once I get the JT.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I also built the air up all four tires at once like shown in the TrailRecon vid. It works great, I used it to air up and air down.....once.....It takes up so much space, that I leave it at home and use the ARB tool to air down and just air up one tire at a time.
Sponsored