Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Great thread and discussion. Are we any closer to finding "Alternative Shocks to MC lifts?
If you're asking about shocks that will work with the Metal Cloak Gamechanger suspension there are many options including Metal Cloaks shocks, Fox, King, ADS, and others
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you're asking about shocks that will work with the Metal Cloak Gamechanger suspension there are many options including Metal Cloaks shocks, Fox, King, ADS, and others
Interesting! I don't know. I'll look into that! I didn't even know that was a thing. Then does the recipient just pick them up at their local greyhound?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting! I don't know. I'll look into that! I didn't even know that was a thing. Then does the recipient just pick them up at their local greyhound?
Hey Mike - FYI looks like posted to wrong thread with your response

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Not trying to hijack the thread. I'm looking at the MC 2.5 lift, and already have Fox 2.5's. Unfortunately they are only for 0-1.5 lift. So they don't have near enough travel for that lift. If I install the lift with the Shock Extenders. What will that hurt? I know I'll have to use all the bumpstop to keep from over extending, and I'll lose a lot of flex, but it will still make the Jeep more capable than it is now, right? I have a 2019 JLUR. Just don't want to spend another $2,600 for shocks unless I absolutely have to. Please explain to me what it will hurt. I'm no suspension expert at all.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Not trying to hijack the thread. I'm looking at the MC 2.5 lift, and already have Fox 2.5's. Unfortunately they are only for 0-1.5 lift. So they don't have near enough travel for that lift. If I install the lift with the Shock Extenders. What will that hurt? I know I'll have to use all the bumpstop to keep from over extending, and I'll lose a lot of flex, but it will still make the Jeep more capable than it is now, right? I have a 2019 JLUR. Just don't want to spend another $2,600 for shocks unless I absolutely have to. Please explain to me what it will hurt. I'm no suspension expert at all.
That would work but travel would be awful.

Beast advice is sell the shocks and use that money for new ones. You could get the very nice (IMHO) MC Rocksports and have a bunch more money left over. Or you could put that cash to offset somewhat some other more expensive option

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’ve considered that, but I’ve never seen them used, who would want them, and how much would I even ask?
Sponsored