Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
imho you will never get the stock feel once you lift. a plush on road ride is the polar opposite of what you need for off roading.
Is that your opinion?

Have you ridden or driven a Ford Raptor? Have you driven a Jeep with great shocks?
Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the 3.5" Gamechanger with 6-packs and 38/13.5-17's, with matching spare, and sitting pretty damn level.
20200813_083329.jpg

Tell us what your Metalcloak 6-Pack shocks are like!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Is that your opinion?

Have you ridden or driven a Ford Raptor? Have you driven a Jeep with great shocks?
Oh my, this guy? Oh no, i never have, it is my first time posting here. Just another mall crawler. Haven't a clue about anything remotely related to wheeling. You go get the cushy ride. Enjoy and report back so all us "know nothings" can be enlightened by your discoveries.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh my, this guy? Oh no, i never have, it is my first time posting here. Just another mall crawler. Haven't a clue about anything remotely related to wheeling. You go get the cushy ride. Enjoy and report back so all us "know nothings" can be enlightened by your discoveries.

I'm asking because this is what you said:

imho you will never get the stock feel once you lift. a plush on road ride is the polar opposite of what you need for off roading.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Tell us what your Metalcloak 6-Pack shocks are like!
They are firmer than both the factory and Dynatrac shocks, but not by too much. Just enough to be able to carry weight without sagging as easily, and it helps make the Jeep very planted feeling and sure-footed. It used to haphazardly skip across washboard sections of road, but now it stays very composed. It will also help off road, as far as not bottoming out.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Known issues with the six packs are that they leak and have to be rebuilt often. Benefits are added flex for rock crawling.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Known issues with the six packs are that they leak and have to be rebuilt often. Benefits are added flex for rock crawling.
They originally used an off the shelf gland seal, that turned out to not jive well with their design. They now use a seal that is purposely designed to work with their specific parts, and reportedly replaced all units that were affected.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like someone here knows everything about shocks :puke:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
They originally used an off the shelf gland seal, that turned out to not jive well with their design. They now use a seal that is purposely designed to work with their specific parts, and reportedly replaced all units that were affected.
That would be great. Unfortunately my last friend running the six pack just changed them out for falcons after 6 years with the 6 packs. So i have lil to verify that. I know MC is not happy i run, love and recommend the falcons, but for what i do off road it was the better choice. To me the decision lies entirely on what you plan to do with your rig. My intention on mine was to be a lil crawler and a lil desert runner. By no means will a jeep ever be a raptor but i found the 6 packs too mushy for my intentions. I was set on purchasing the Icon lift and shocks when this combo of falcons and mc were presented to me as a slightly less expensive option with similar performance. I have experienced over the last two years great performance out of this package.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would be great. Unfortunately my last friend running the six pack just changed them out for falcons after 6 years with the 6 packs. So i have lil to verify that. I know MC is not happy i run, love and recommend the falcons, but for what i do off road it was the better choice. To me the decision lies entirely on what you plan to do with your rig. My intention on mine was to be a lil crawler and a lil desert runner. By no means will a jeep ever be a raptor but i found the 6 packs too mushy for my intentions. I was set on purchasing the Icon lift and shocks when this combo of falcons and mc were presented to me as a slightly less expensive option with similar performance. I have experienced over the last two years great performance out of this package.
Metalcloak is a lot of bang for the buck. They're the only brand that doesn't have a network of retailers, that way they can keep prices down for the customer. Retailers raise the price to make a cut, and the supplier matches it to not undercut the retailers.

Its awesome to have so many options that allow us owners the ability to custom tailor our Jeeps to our individual needs and wants.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I see photos of two Jeeps in this thread with the MC 2.5” GameChanger lift (not counting the one posed in the boulder). Both look to have a noticeable rake. Is this normal?
Could be the 100+pounds missing hanging off the butt - no spare. I know not the same lift but when I remove hardtop I gain a little rake.

Last edited:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak is a lot of bang for the buck. They're the only brand that doesn't have a network of retailers, that way they can keep prices down for the customer. Retailers raise the price to make a cut, and the supplier matches it to not undercut the retailers.

Its awesome to have so many options that allow us owners the ability to custom tailor our Jeeps to our individual needs and wants.
i was sold on their bushings really, dealing with teraflex control arm bushings every two years becomes a chore the 4th time around.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i was sold on their bushings really, dealing with teraflex control arm bushings every two years becomes a chore the 4th time around.
I wish I had gone with my gut the first time around. I currently have the Gamechanger, minus the 8 control arms and rear track bar. I currently have Synergy in those places, which is what I chose to complete my original Dynatrac Endurosport lift. Synergy is nice, but it's really not meant for real flexing akin to what Metalcloak was made for. I was going to wait until the bushings were needing a fresh up, than replace all 8 arms with mc, but after seeing it flexed it will need to be done sooner.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had gone with my gut the first time around. I currently have the Gamechanger, minus the 8 control arms and rear track bar. I currently have Synergy in those places, which is what I chose to complete my original Dynatrac Endurosport lift. Synergy is nice, but it's really not meant for real flexing akin to what Metalcloak was made for. I was going to wait until the bushings were needing a fresh up, than replace all 8 arms with mc, but after seeing it flexed it will need to be done sooner.
I have heard it said that the synergy lift was a MC clone. I use synergy for all our steering needs but have no experience with their lifts. I can attest to MCs flex, it is awesome. I did quite a bit of research before i settled on my Frankenstein build, but its been untouched since installation so i am very pleased with it. And i am glad to those that helped steer me in that direction
Sponsored