Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard it said that the synergy lift was a MC clone. I use synergy for all our steering needs but have no experience with their lifts. I can attest to MCs flex, it is awesome. I did quite a bit of research before i settled on my Frankenstein build, but its been untouched since installation so i am very pleased with it. And i am glad to those that helped steer me in that direction
My problem was that I originally didn't think I'd go bigger than 2" and 35's. Didnt want more than advertised, so went with Dynatrac. Not agreeing with it being too small to need geometry correction and stronger supporting parts, I went synergy for their quality reputation, on vehicle adjustability, and maintenance free bushings. They are definitely of great quality, but just aren't capable of much misalignment. I plan on weeding them all out over the winter. I want to finish with a few other avenues before doubling back.
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
My problem was that I originally didn't think I'd go bigger than 2" and 35's. Didnt want more than advertised, so went with Dynatrac. Not agreeing with it being too small to need geometry correction and stronger supporting parts, I went synergy for their quality reputation, on vehicle adjustability, and maintenance free bushings. They are definitely of great quality, but just aren't capable of much misalignment. I plan on weeding them all out over the winter. I want to finish with a few other avenues before doubling back.
the four doors look good on 35s but boy do they look just right on 37s

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And those control arms are not flexy? Lol looks good.
No, I've found the Synergy arms to be a better choice for someone that sticks to the pavement and/or doesn't need much articulation.

If I go too long with these arms, I'm gonna find out the hard way what gives first, the arms or the frame brackets.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks. 20200918_151217
Jeep Wrangler JL Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks. 20200918_151121

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No, I've found the Synergy arms to be a better choice for someone that sticks to the pavement and/or doesn't need much articulation.

If I go too long with these arms, I'm gonna find out the hard way what gives first, the arms or the frame brackets.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks. 20200918_151121
I didn't have all 8 synergy arms but I did replace the front. Having just installed MC arms and all other variables the same, I was surprised how much the MC arms softened the entire ride on the street. They absorb A LOT more of the road vibrations and bumps. I wasn't expecting that. Makes me understand why the MC springs and shocks are maybe a little more firm. I feel like my mopar springs are almost too soft now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have all 8 synergy arms but I did replace the front. Having just installed MC arms and all other variables the same, I was surprised how much the MC arms softened the entire ride on the street. They absorb A LOT more of the road vibrations and bumps. I wasn't expecting that. Makes me understand why the MC springs and shocks are maybe a little more firm. I feel like my mopar springs are almost too soft now.
I've liked how the Synergy arms have added to the overall planted and solid ride and handling, but they don't do much for both flexing and dampening.

I'm gonna have half a Jeep in extras parts, but the time I get done. Lol

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've liked how the Synergy arms have added to the overall planted and solid ride and handling, but they don't do much for both flexing and dampening.

I'm gonna have half a Jeep in extras parts, but the time I get done. Lol
I would agree with that. I almost think the MC arms give it a floaty feel in the road, but i'm not running their springs or shocks so I can't really give a true opinion.

I'm with you on the half a jeep in parts. Every couple months, I sell my "spare" parts but I just end up buying more parts. haha

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
That would be great. Unfortunately my last friend running the six pack just changed them out for falcons after 6 years with the 6 packs. So i have lil to verify that. I know MC is not happy i run, love and recommend the falcons, but for what i do off road it was the better choice. To me the decision lies entirely on what you plan to do with your rig. My intention on mine was to be a lil crawler and a lil desert runner. By no means will a jeep ever be a raptor but i found the 6 packs too mushy for my intentions. I was set on purchasing the Icon lift and shocks when this combo of falcons and mc were presented to me as a slightly less expensive option with similar performance. I have experienced over the last two years great performance out of this package.

Of course you and everyone else know that the choices aren't only either Metalcloak's 6-Pack shocks or Falcon shocks.

There are other options - numerous others. To each his own but some effort should be put into trying to match up the shocks to the suspension kit and the type of driving to be done.

I personally would go with something other than those 2 shocks - ADS or Kings or others. A number of people talk up Icons but I've heard that the Toyota Taco guys love them as they seem to be dialed in on them. But they make shocks for most every vehicle and application.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I would agree with that. I almost think the MC arms give it a floaty feel in the road, but i'm not running their springs or shocks so I can't really give a true opinion.

I'm with you on the half a jeep in parts. Every couple months, I sell my "spare" parts but I just end up buying more parts. haha
My perception from my Gamchanger lift is not so much "floaty feel" with regard to the MC arms. As I've described them a few times on the forum, I feel they offer superior NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) then even the stock bushings on factory control arms. This really helps to dampen the smaller harsher vibrations that tend to result in driver fatigue, headaches and neck aches that may be present in other control arms. But at the same time they feel completely planted and inspire confidence. So while they don't seem to "float" down the road, but they do seem to take the edge off, even when matched with Rocksports, which I've also described as more than adequate, but also very similar feeling than the stock Rubicon shocks they replaced .

In the end, I believe the control arms are really the reason why I described the GC as a better than stock ride.

Great thread and discussion. Are we any closer to finding "Alternative Shocks to MC lifts?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My perception from my Gamchanger lift is not so much "floaty feel" with regard to the MC arms. As I've described them a few times on the forum, I feel they offer superior NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) then even the stock bushings on factory control arms. This really helps to dampen the smaller harsher vibrations that tend to result in driver fatigue, headaches and neck aches that may be present in other control arms. But at the same time they feel completely planted and inspire confidence. So while they don't seem to "float" down the road, but they do seem to take the edge off, even when matched with Rocksports, which I've also described as more than adequate, but also very similar feeling than the stock Rubicon shocks they replaced .

In the end, I believe the control arms are really the reason why I described the GC as a better than stock ride.

Great thread and discussion. Are we any closer to finding "Alternative Shocks to MC lifts?
Yep ....alternative is...... Rock Krawler and Fox.......:CWL:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep ....alternative is...... Rock Krawler and Fox.......:CWL:
Yeah, I'd be interested in a set of 2.5" Fox factory race shocks for a 4.5-6" lift. Maybe I'll get a set, all spiffed up and matched to my setup, from Accutune after I finish my Jeep and know my final weight and whatnot.

The RRD's long travel are also tempting, but if I get to close to Rock Krawler, I'll be hard pressed to not dive into their long arm kit. Lol

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

wth they put the same joint on both sides? thats just not good at all. now i see your issue with them
Sponsored