Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you want a desert runner/rock crawler i highly recommend the combination of the metalcloak gamechanger with the Falcon adjustable reservoir shocks that i am running and have experience with. If you run hard you will need and appreciate the stiffness of the Falcons.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Glad this came up. I have the 2.5" MC GC with the Rocksports and they are pretty stiff for my taste.
Funny, I found the Rocksports to be too soft. lol

I like them for a daily driver, but I'm going to wait and see what MetalCloak puts out for their adjustable shocks. Like John, I want to play with some desert running as well. So air bumps and trussing might be close behind...

:beer:

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I'm running the Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5" lift in front with Rocksport shocks. The rear is stock with the stock JEEP Gladiator Fox shocks.

I've been waiting for (1) the Metalcloak rear and springs (but I've decided not to go with their springs yet as the factory springs ride really well) and (2) ADS shocks which are almost ready.

The Rocksport shocks are temporary and I'll soon have full Game Changer with the ADS shocks all around...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/metalcloak-lift.19698/page-12#post-454379

Sponsored

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is equipped with the MC 2.5" gamechanger lift with ADS piggyback shocks (w/ compression adjusters). I selected the ADS shocks due to the longer stroke over the options from fox and falcon, not to mention they are made in the USA. Note I did not install the front lower shock mounts that came with the kit and have had no issues with binding.

Upon completion of the lift I found the metalcloak coil springs raised my jeep far more than expected and were extremely stiff. I then installed the EVO plush ride springs and am very happy with my setup for both on and off road use.

My only complaint is the sway bar links. They are quite difficult to remove unless parked on a perfectly flat surface. Might upgrade those here this spring.

I have read very good reviews about the fox 2.5 shocks as well.

Good luck with your build.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
I just ordered the mc 2.5 lift with the fox 2.5 Adjustable Reservoir lets see how that works on my rubicon
Hey could you post a review? I’m looking at doing the same combo. MC springs and CAs + fox 2.5.
Is the ride stiff? Or smooth like oem?
Also, are you riding with a steel bumper, winch and full size spare?

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Glad this came up. I have the 2.5" MC GC with the Rocksports and they are pretty stiff for my taste. Been looking at the Falcon 3.3s as well.

Question(s), if switched, how much travel would I lose, if any, since I am only on the 2.5" kit (37s) and also, would I still mount it to the relocation bracket on the MC kit?

I 1000% agree that the rocksports are stiff. I have the 2.5" game changer is ALOT stiffer than stock in the daily driver department. Does awesome off road though so theres a trade off. If I could find some shocks that road like stock but didnt give up anything off roading that would be awesome.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My Jeep is equipped with the MC 2.5" gamechanger lift with ADS piggyback shocks (w/ compression adjusters). I selected the ADS shocks due to the longer stroke over the options from fox and falcon, not to mention they are made in the USA. Note I did not install the front lower shock mounts that came with the kit and have had no issues with binding.

Upon completion of the lift I found the metalcloak coil springs raised my jeep far more than expected and were extremely stiff. I then installed the EVO plush ride springs and am very happy with my setup for both on and off road use.

My only complaint is the sway bar links. They are quite difficult to remove unless parked on a perfectly flat surface. Might upgrade those here this spring.

I have read very good reviews about the fox 2.5 shocks as well.

Good luck with your build.
Link to shocks and springs? Cost? I want something that rides like stock and the rocksports are very harsh imo.

Sponsored

GregorioJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Link to shocks and springs? Cost? I want something that rides like stock and the rocksports are very harsh imo.
I got the RC lift kit with Vertex shocks/reservoir and on the lowest setting the ride is smoother than stock. Their lift kits that include these also include a longer drive shaft and is less expensive than MC, which is interesting because the shocks alone are $1,500 of the cost. One downside is if you have/replace the inner fender wells, most cookie-cutter wells will not fit the front due to the reservoir plate/hose attached to the top of the shock.

Good review here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rough-country-vertex-shocks-review.35749/

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
Has anyone played with the King shocks on this combo?
Im a MC dealer and have done this combo with a 3.5 GC lift and the King adj shocks and even on full soft I felt it was to stiff.
I have installed their lift kits in several different shocks and like the Fox adj bypass shocks the best, just pricey.
On my personal JLR I went with the Icon stg 8 kit with their adj 2.5 shocks and it’s great.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m really intrigued to do the MC game changer setup with the falcon shocks. I kind of want a stiffer setup for less body roll around town and stiffer setup for pulling my travel trailer.

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here are those links you requested.

Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Springs
Shocks

Price wise these are similar to the King and Fox remote reservoir offerings but the ADS has the most travel. I think the Fox shocks have more adjust-ability though. The falcons have almost as much travel as the ADS shocks, are ~$1k cheaper, and have a 2.25" diameter body. The ADS, Fox, and Kings are a 2.5" body diameter.

I had read a ton about the falcons but kept seeing people say they were too stiff and I didn't want my Jeep feeling like an 18 year old's modified civic. I am really happy with my setup and am really glad I put in a lot of research prior to making my decision.

Good luck!

HellaYella18

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR, 2019 JLUR Overland Rig
I have the MC 3.5" lift. I bought the setup with the Rocksport shocks. I have run the for a couple of years. They are great offroad, but they are terrible on road. Changing them out to Bilstein's.
Sponsored