Sponsored

Has anyone installed a Quadratec J5 LED Light Bar on a 2018 JLU with factory installed AUX switches?

mechaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Sahara JL
Looking for/would greatly appreciate some help here.

I bought the Quadratec J5 LED Light Bar for my 2018 JLU 4-door. Got the brackets on/light bar up with no issue. The problem is the wiring....

The bar has some amber lights in it that are supposed to be looped into/triggered off the DTRL with their own wiring and I want to connect the main lights to one of my factory installed AUX switches. Unfortunately, at least for me, the directions are not clear/complete.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed this light bar using the AUX switches and could give me some assistance/guidance to get this done.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a J5 lightbbar for my 2018 JLU Friday. They are back ordered tell August 5th. I Plan on using auxillary switchs.

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
I'm following this. Wiring should not be too difficult. I have two other sets of quadratec lights wired to the aux wire harness next to the battery. You can search here for a photo of the end of the wire harness that shows the wire colors/amp info. You will need an additional wire harness that plugs into the driver side light harness under the front driver fender liner if you want to use the amber running lights.
Sponsored