Sponsored

Has anyone installed a 22” lightbar to a stock sport bumper?

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Has anybody fabricated or found a way to install a lightbar in front of the grille or on the stock sport bumper? I have an old one I’d like to hookup to my aux port but can’t seem to find a way without drilling or messing with OEM parts. Any ideas thank you!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Have you tried contacting the original supplier/manufacturer? They may have a mounting bracket. Worth a try. Good luck:like:

Jeepers333

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I got a piece of aluminum bar stock. had it powder coated then clamped in on to the tow hooks. It is a bit tricky to keep the bar from sliding backwards due to the hook inside slope, but doable with some patience. Had this on for 16 months with no issues. Good luck!

15801317080106284719462444263295.jpg

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
there may be others, but the 3 light bar mounts for the jl bumper are as follows (with what I know about each of them)
1) MOPAR front bumper light bar mount: honestly, all I've heard is that you have to drill holes in the frame to mount these mounts
2) Diode Dynamics front bumper light bar mount. Seems to be easier to install, with no drilling required & appear to be well made/finished: my only concern is that you are limited to a certain length light bar due to how the brackets are
3) Quadratec makes a set that, while are very much like both the above, they are designed so that the light bar can sit ON TOP of the brackets, rather than between them (like DD).

I measured the front of my Rubi the other day, and basically, from under the centerline of one headlight to another, there was like 42"...far cry from the 30" limit of the DD brackets
Sponsored