Sponsored

Has anyone had their wheels stolen off their jeep lately? I'm debating getting wheel locks.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I haven’t had anyone steel my wheels but I did loose the catalytic converter to thieves on my JK Rubicon. Not much you can do there as it’s so easy to get to.
Man that's the truth that's worth more than the wheels and tires
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy that anywhere Discount tire sells them it's just a little socket it's not really a lock but I did put the locks on my. Anything you can do to slow them down but if they want them they will get them I just have my insurance value my net 8000 high-value accessories so up to 8000 I get coverage. So if my wheels are stole they get replaced plus the tow to the tire place. People don't realize if they steal them you have to have your vehicles towed to a tire store
I fully agree that all it does is slow the scumbags down a bit. Kinda like a fence around someone's front yard, just keeps honest people honest.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If someone can carry the tire and wheel they can have it. We used a forklift to place mine on the back.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Gorilla does make a set that locks every lug and will fit small diameter lug openings in wheels,

• 81SDjr3NdGL._SX679_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in

Gorilla Automotive 76644NBC Black 14mm x 1.50

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Some people say their Jeeps came with wheel locks from the dealer. Are these wheel locks on mine? I’ve attached a picture of my spare also.

33FE4358-957C-4B8B-9B4B-7335C8849AF7.jpeg
249D63F7-F070-40DC-8447-BB39FB0193E8.jpeg

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
If someone can carry the tire and wheel they can have it. We used a forklift to place mine on the back.
This. My wheel and tire is 117 lbs with those cheap spline locks that I bought for one reason, they look cool. I just hope their stupid friend takes a video and posts it like these kids do these days because I want a good laugh.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Some people say their Jeeps came with wheel locks from the dealer. Are these wheel locks on mine? I’ve attached a picture of my spare also.

33FE4358-957C-4B8B-9B4B-7335C8849AF7.jpeg
249D63F7-F070-40DC-8447-BB39FB0193E8.jpeg
No you do not have wheel locks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I just got the Gorilla 24 piece set of splined lugs. Small price to pay for peace of mind. Doing them all versus just one per wheel requires more time than most potential thieves would like to invest.
Totally agree.

The factory Mopar locks made by McGuard are really easy to remove because it's a single locking lug. There are special sockets that are designed to remove wheel locks without keys. Think of a giant EZ-Out. The locking 24 piece Gorilla set is just as easy to remove but take more time. Usually you have to knock out the lug from the special socket one at a time. That's extra time most thieves will probably pass on. Most thieves would not bother since it would take a lot longer to try removing all the lugs with the special socket.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I haven’t had anyone steel my wheels but I did loose the catalytic converter to thieves on my JK Rubicon. Not much you can do there as it’s so easy to get to.
Catalytic converter thief is probably way more common, here in Chicago anyway. The JL or any high lifted vehicle is a easy target. I have a 2.0T now and thankfully the CAT is not easily accessible on the turbo.

Sponsored

JL CHICAGO

First Name
Jason Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler and Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Jeep Brand Manager Hawk CDJR
Has anyone had their wheels stolen off their jeep lately? I'm debating getting wheel locks, but I'm not even sure people steal wheels and tires off parked Jeeps anymore.

For the $50 i think its a great idea all depends on what model you have a spare tire rim can cost you about $800 and then the cost of a tire as well .

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just got a new spare tire and wheel so I decided to get the gorilla 5 pack set, I'm not worried about the 4 drive tires but that spare is almost asking to be stolen so got these, they're $35 free shipping and have had good luck w/ gorilla products in the past.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8KH439

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
I’m looking for a good way to lock my spare on my new Willys. Any recommendations? I like the ones @blnewt posted but my wheels came with chrome lug nuts so those would look odd and I didn’t see a chrome option. Thanks!

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m looking for a good way to lock my spare on my new Willys. Any recommendations? I like the ones @blnewt posted but my wheels came with chrome lug nuts so those would look odd and I didn’t see a chrome option. Thanks!
The back-up camera cover blocks the lug nut under it. You will need a #T40 Torx bit to get the cover off in order to remove the spare tire. (Your tool kit has this bit.)
Sponsored