Sponsored

Has anyone had their wheels stolen off their jeep lately? I'm debating getting wheel locks.

RubiconReese

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You can get a 5 piece set from Mopar for under $60. $60 is a relatively cheap thief deterrent. No need to replace all the lug nuts unless you want it all matching.
There's definitely more people stealing catalytic converters and gasoline within my area than wheels. Stealing wheels require much more work as you need jack and blocks. Catalytic converters needs a cordless angle grinder. Another reason to get some skid plates to deterrent thieves.

EDIT: Skid plates wont cover your catalytic converters on your JL. Just get cat deletes then there's no cats to steal.
Sponsored

ironworker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2020 2DR JL Rubicon ordered 12/4 Del. 01/04
To answer the Op -- depends on where you live, I'm in downtown Chicago and routinely see Jeeps missing the spare tire on the back or people have a krytponite cable running through them some how. I have had my Jeep since 1999 and no issues but I have a Thule bike rack locked onto the spare and now keep it there just as a theft deterrent.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Never had any problems with wheels and tires being stolen while parked while off road, left my Jeep at a 4x4 shop recently for service and they left my Jeep outside over night and the tires and wheels were stolen.. Will never know if I had wheel locks if that would have stopped them, but a $50 investment may have saved me my 1,000 deductible on replacing the wheels and tires.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Never had any problems with wheels and tires being stolen while parked while off road, left my Jeep at a 4x4 shop recently for service and they left my Jeep outside over night and the tires and wheels were stolen.. Will never know if I had wheel locks if that would have stopped them, but a $50 investment may have saved me my 1,000 deductible on replacing the wheels and tires.
I would ask them to remedy this. That’s not fair to you.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
There's a Jeep shop that does good work and you have to leave your Jeep there for a day or two for him to get to it far as like an inline cuz he's so busy no thank you I will not go to him he says I have security cameras security cameras won't stop anything everyone knows that so I want to never take my Jeep to him he cannot lock it up in a safe place. can you imagine all those Jeeps that now that a Jeep shop all modified wheels tires lights all kinds accessories on them sitting overnight that's candyland for like a kid go in there and just take your choice. Back when I had my boat people were getting all their amps in stereo stoled when they would put the boat in for service and it was fence then but then we found out it was an inside job to the guy working there was stealing and stereos out of boats while they're being left overnight to be worked on the police took him down finally

Sponsored

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
I would ask them to remedy this. That’s not fair to you.
It was for a small service, they didn’t
charge for labor but did charge for parts $80 bucks or so. Haven’t been back to them since

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
You can get a 5 piece set from Mopar for under $60. $60 is a relatively cheap thief deterrent. No need to replace all the lug nuts unless you want it all matching.
Will these fit my 2020 Willys? I went to pep boys twice for wheel locks but they told me because my Jeep is so new they don’t carry them. I have the mud tires that came with my Willys. And do you guys put them on all tires or just the spare?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have wheel locks on all five of my wheels. will they stop a professional that wants them and determine no but they will slow them down and it stops your amateur. I would put them on some people say they're not worried about it but why would you not be worried about it. when you spend anywhere from 3,000 and more to come out and have it on blocks then you have to tow it somewhere or go buy new wheels and tires yourself and wait for insurance to pay or pay yourself when you can put them.on. my neighbor had his stolen and he had locks but many people that have wheel locks don't have a problem and I don't have a problem so yes put wheel locks on. just make sure you get good ones like gorilla that has the key that goes into it not over it it's a lot harder if you have the key that goes in like Discount Tire sales gorilla locks

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have wheel locks on all five of my wheels. will they stop a professional that wants them and determine no but they will slow them down and it stops your amateur. I would put them on some people say they're not worried about it but why would you not be worried about it. when you spend anywhere from 3,000 and more to come out and have it on blocks then you have to tow it somewhere or go buy new wheels and tires yourself and wait for insurance to pay or pay yourself when you can put them.on. my neighbor had his stolen and he had locks but many people that have wheel locks don't have a problem and I don't have a problem so yes put wheel locks on. just make sure you get good ones like gorilla that has the key that goes into it not over it it's a lot harder if you have the key that goes in like Discount Tire sales gorilla locks
Someone tried to steal the spare off my neighbors Wrangler so I’m definitely getting wheel locks.

Sponsored

RubiconReese

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Will these fit my 2020 Willys? I went to pep boys twice for wheel locks but they told me because my Jeep is so new they don’t carry them. I have the mud tires that came with my Willys. And do you guys put them on all tires or just the spare?
As stated, I purchased the Mopar ones from the dealership. I'm sure they will fit the Willys edition. I put one on each wheel. Definitely not going to stop thieves, but it will deterrent some thieves.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The Mopar ones are made by McGuard. I would pass on the factory locks. Order the Gorilla set for all 5 wheels. You can get a set that locks every lug or just one lug per wheel. They come in black or chrome I think? Amazon, Summit Racing, and other retailers carry them. I will try looking up the part numbers and post later.

Here is a link. I think the price is a mistake though so call them. I think I paid $70-$80 for the entire set of 24 locks last year? Some places price match. Check

The one lock per wheel set.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gorilla...heel-lock-5-pack-14mm-x-1-19-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96644bdx/warnings

Here is the full set on Amazon for $139.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ABJME?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.quadratec.com/search/wheel locks?f[0]=sm_field_category_multi:taxonomy_term:4747

Last edited:

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar ones are made by McGuard. I would pass on the factory locks. Order the Gorilla set for all 5 wheels. You can get a set that locks every lug or just one lug per wheel. They come in black or chrome I think? Amazon, Summit Racing, and other retailers carry them. I will try looking up the part numbers and post later.

Here is a link. I think the price is a mistake though so call them. I think I paid $70-$80 for the entire set of 24 locks last year? Some places price match. Check

The one lock per wheel set.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/gorilla...heel-lock-5-pack-14mm-x-1-19-jeep-wrangler-jl

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96644bdx/warnings

Here is the full set on Amazon for $139.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ABJME?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.quadratec.com/search/wheel locks?f[0]=sm_field_category_multi:taxonomy_term:4747
Thanks for the suggestion! Just before you wrote this I decided to go with the gorilla locks. I bought it off amazon from a link provided by @blnewt. Was $37.70 with tax included. I bought the set of 5 because putting on a set of 24 seems a bit overwhelming! :giggle:

As always I appreciate the suggestion so thank you! I only found black locks on Amazon but quadratec had chrome ones. I decided to get the black ones on Amazon because they were $10 cheaper for the set of 5 and I don’t mind a mismatched set. :)
Sponsored