Has anyone had their wheels stolen off their jeep lately? I'm debating getting wheel locks.

Tags:
  1. RubiconReese

RubiconReese Member

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    You can get a 5 piece set from Mopar for under $60. $60 is a relatively cheap thief deterrent. No need to replace all the lug nuts unless you want it all matching.
    There's definitely more people stealing catalytic converters and gasoline within my area than wheels. Stealing wheels require much more work as you need jack and blocks. Catalytic converters needs a cordless angle grinder. Another reason to get some skid plates to deterrent thieves.

EDIT: Skid plates wont cover your catalytic converters on your JL. Just get cat deletes then there's no cats to steal.

2. ironworker

ironworker Member

Vehicle(s):
    99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2020 2DR JL Rubicon ordered 12/4 Del. 01/04
    Liked:
    To answer the Op -- depends on where you live, I'm in downtown Chicago and routinely see Jeeps missing the spare tire on the back or people have a krytponite cable running through them some how. I have had my Jeep since 1999 and no issues but I have a Thule bike rack locked onto the spare and now keep it there just as a theft deterrent.

3. Burt

Burt Active Member

First Name:
    Burt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
    Liked:
    Retired
    Never had any problems with wheels and tires being stolen while parked while off road, left my Jeep at a 4x4 shop recently for service and they left my Jeep outside over night and the tires and wheels were stolen.. Will never know if I had wheel locks if that would have stopped them, but a $50 investment may have saved me my 1,000 deductible on replacing the wheels and tires.

4. Rploaded

Rploaded Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    I would ask them to remedy this. That’s not fair to you.

Jennalee likes this.
  5. Jammer

Jammer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    Bright white JL Rubicon
    Liked:
    There's a Jeep shop that does good work and you have to leave your Jeep there for a day or two for him to get to it far as like an inline cuz he's so busy no thank you I will not go to him he says I have security cameras security cameras won't stop anything everyone knows that so I want to never take my Jeep to him he cannot lock it up in a safe place. can you imagine all those Jeeps that now that a Jeep shop all modified wheels tires lights all kinds accessories on them sitting overnight that's candyland for like a kid go in there and just take your choice. Back when I had my boat people were getting all their amps in stereo stoled when they would put the boat in for service and it was fence then but then we found out it was an inside job to the guy working there was stealing and stereos out of boats while they're being left overnight to be worked on the police took him down finally

6. Burt

Burt Active Member

First Name:
    Burt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
    Liked:
    Retired
    It was for a small service, they didn’t
    charge for labor but did charge for parts $80 bucks or so. Haven’t been back to them since

Rploaded likes this.