Sponsored

Has anyone had factory power locks/ windows installed?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Just curious if anyone has had factory locks/windows installed on a Sport with new factory key fobs. Curious to see if this is possible. Probably something ill want to try and do next fall/winter.
Sponsored

Papoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2DR
Just saw your post, I wanted to keep tabs, just in case someone else responds.

Contacted one of my locker dealers a few days back. No response. Trying a different dealer next week.

Any luck on your end?

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
Someone did power locks. Looked like a days worth of work and a good amount of confidence. Something I wanted to do but never thought I had the skill to do so.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw your post, I wanted to keep tabs, just in case someone else responds.

Contacted one of my locker dealers a few days back. No response. Trying a different dealer next week.

Any luck on your end?
I messaged a local dealer and there was no response either. I read that there was someone on here at one time that had the dealer do it. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. I did message electric life and they did confirm they are working on getting the JL power window kit into production and said should hear more this spring. It would be nice to find a dealer to see if they would be able to use new factory keys for the locks, but its more looking like will have to go the extra remote route at this time. Not really in a rush to do this maybe after the summer since I will more than likely get some bestop half doors. Just would be nice for the daily drive to have the convenience.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone did power locks. Looked like a days worth of work and a good amount of confidence. Something I wanted to do but never thought I had the skill to do so.
Yea, I was more looking to see if there is a way to avoid having an extra aftermarket remote since the JL key is so dam big.

Sponsored

ParkerP2

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport
I called my local dealership weeks ago about having power doors/windows installed, haven’t heard back from anyone in parts but did have a sales rep reach out (go figure!).

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called my local dealership weeks ago about having power doors/windows installed, haven’t heard back from anyone in parts but did have a sales rep reach out (go figure!).
Yea I don't think most dealerships want anything to do with it unfortunately. I spoke with a local custom sound/ electronics shop with good reviews that said they could do it and go with a nice compustar remote start remote with really good range.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
If you look at one of my power lock threads. A guy actually did it the factory OEM way. Apparently you just need to wire up to the canbus and not much else is needed just a program. He did say he had to buy the inner door panels from jeep that came with the power locks. IF i find the thread URL I’ll link it here. He did say it cost a little over a grand though.
Sponsored