Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Still nope. I tried to sign up.

"Wi-Fi for your Jeep is coming soon.

For more information contact Uconnect Care 1-877-855-8400."
How long have you had your jeep? It took three weeks before my wifi would work.. I signed up for guardian and the everything almost immediately.
Sponsored

tcadaniel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi
How long have you had your jeep? It took three weeks before my wifi would work.. I signed up for guardian and the everything almost immediately.
I’ve had it for a little over a month. The dealership said they would activate but I need to bring it in.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Quick update. The dealership needs to turn it on when they set up your vehicle UConnect. Mine was not turned on. I'll have them do it on the first oil change.
My dealer didn't know anything about the wifi. They also didn't activate anything. I had to wait for the "system" to acknowledge my new jeep. Took three weeks of checking and then one day it worked. I have free wifi now that I never use....

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Last time I checked on att website (my provider) I entered my vin and I got "coming soon"....

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Last time I checked on att website (my provider) I entered my vin and I got "coming soon"....
That's what the site told me for the first three weeks. One day it magically started working.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Okay. I signed up and it worked. I'm pretty techie but I have a question. What would I use this for? I have unlimited on my ATT phones so whenever I need wifi for my Mac or iPad while in the Jeep I just use my hotspot from my phone to get online. What other uses would the wifi from my Jl have? Thanks

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. I signed up and it worked. I'm pretty techie but I have a question. What would I use this for? I have unlimited on my ATT phones so whenever I need wifi for my Mac or iPad while in the Jeep I just use my hotspot from my phone to get online. What other uses would the wifi from my Jl have? Thanks
Exactly. Why would I be in my car without my cell phone to tether other devices to? Why would I want a separate data plan?

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Exactly. Why would I be in my car without my cell phone to tether other devices to? Why would I want a separate data plan?
I'm assuming if you're going on a road trip with spotty coverage. Several times a year, we go upstate NY and the coverage isn't the greatest. That's were you can use it I guess.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming if you're going on a road trip with spotty coverage. Several times a year, we go upstate NY and the coverage isn't the greatest. That's were you can use it I guess.
But the car will be using the same towers as the phone...

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
True. If you have AT&T then it doesn't make sense to use it.

In my case we have T-mobile. We all know T-mobile is only great in the city. Outside of that you're stuck, whereas AT&T has some decent coverage throughout. So, i would activate it before a road trip and then disable it after.

Sponsored

ItMustBeJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR PUNK'N
If the units can be unlocked and you can use another SIM card, you could use a different provider / network. I've been looking for info on if we can do this, but no luck yet

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
True. If you have AT&T then it doesn't make sense to use it.

In my case we have T-mobile. We all know T-mobile is only great in the city. Outside of that you're stuck, whereas AT&T has some decent coverage throughout. So, i would activate it before a road trip and then disable it after.
Lol, this is exactly why I plan on using it. Because of how shitty my Tmobile service is and how lazy I am to move elsewhere.

Real talk though, when I'm out on 1-3 week trips keeping my phone tethering everything is just awful. It causes me to constantly fight to keep the battery charged, etc. It'll be nice (if it's possible) to pay $20/mo for unlimited wifi in my Wrangler for Spotify/etc and not have to rely on my phone. I'm usually away from my vehicle for 3-4 days and come back with everything dead or near to it.

cbriggs9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
I pay the extra $20/month because I am lazy. I hate turning on my hotspot every time my kids want to get on their iPads. It is worth the money to have it auto connect to the electronics.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
If the units can be unlocked and you can use another SIM card, you could use a different provider / network. I've been looking for info on if we can do this, but no luck yet
its an internal aircard. No sim is used.