Sponsored

Has anyone gotten their accessories stolen, when mounted OUTSIDE the Jeep?

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Now I realize that it was all mail ordered from a security bolt company and if I could order it, so could the thief, but at least they'll have to put in a little extra effort.
Nowadays it's all about deterrence. If a thief wants something badly enough, they'll get it. Might as well do something to slow down their process.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Someone stole my rear floormats in my TJ. Doors off, top down. Probably at a grocery store. Rear seat has been out most of its 23 year life so some fellow Jeeper with kids must have assumed he needed them more. They were kind enough to leave the front ones.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
One good old trick can fix that easily, Spot weld the bolts once they're set. Stolen lights is not something new, used to happen in the 70's-80's and that was the solution for most at the time.
Red threadlock would also work, and requires less time and trouble. Be sure of this choice before torquing to spec!

Many incidents of the factory LED headlights and taillights being yanked right out of the Jeep.

At $1,000.00 a pair, you don’t blame them..
You may not condemn thievery for what it is, mate, but the rest of us surely do. ;)

Not for a moment should factory part pricing trends be considered to mitigate a thief's actions.

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Red threadlock would also work, and requires less time and trouble. Be sure of this choice before torquing to spec!

You may not condemn thievery for what it is, mate, but the rest of us surely do. ;)

Not for a moment should factory part pricing trends be considered to mitigate a thief's actions.
Oh no, I absolutely condemn it.
I’m just saying that it gives the thieves a good reason to go after your Jeep instead of someone else’s car because of the ease of removal and also it’s worth.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Oh no, I absolutely condemn it.
I’m just saying that it gives the thieves a good reason to go after your Jeep instead of someone else’s car because of the ease of removal and also it’s worth.
👍

And I don't disagree that Jeep accessory pricing isn't for the faint of heart.

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
👍

And I don't disagree that Jeep accessory pricing isn't for the faint of heart.
These Mopar LED headlights are probably the top target since 2 hood latches and they’re in business.

Quickest $1000 grab of any stint.

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
The grill insert on the 4xe is different than the one provided with the bolt hood lock, so you need to change the entire inner grill if you want it to match.

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
I've been fortunate to not have anyone mess with my jeep....but they did steal a $8 tail light off of my boat trailer.

I have cheap KC lights (under $250) and a hilift branded jack mounted externally. My tires have all locking lug nuts.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A tremendous use of the 4xe would be a ‘tazer mode’ so any scumbag thief who touches the vehicle gets zapped until their shorts are nice and full. Maybe also some additional onboard cameras so we can sit down with a bag of popcorn and have a good laugh while watching the morons get toasted :devil:
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone gotten their accessories stolen, when mounted OUTSIDE the Jeep? giphy (11)

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

dont they make security bolts for the doors? thought i saw those somewhere. i want to get tube doors eventually but am afraid someone would run off with them. i wouldnt expect it to be a crack head, i would expect it to be a lowlife jeep owner who would rather upgrade his own jeep by stealing parts than buying them.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Let's hear some stories.
I'm just south of you. First thing I got was hood lock - my sales guy told me about a few jeeps having the battery cables cut to disable the alarm and people then able to take their time getting in and stealing stuff etc - or outright stealing the batteries.

I see photos on this site of people with loaded Jeeps - every kind of accessory - and a nice locked garage and I'm envious of that. I wish I could do that. I can't keep anything on the outside of my Jeep, or inside it.

Bought a console lockbox for my winch remote.

But otherwise every time I go off-roading I literally have 2 huge duffel bags of gear I need to carry down and get sorted in my Jeep before heading out - phone mounts, ipad mount, survival gear, radio gear etc...

Anyways I have not had anything stolen off mine yet since I don't keep anything on it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Ha. I just watched that movie for the first time since seeing it as a new release in 1987 at the base theater. I had recently arrived in the U.K. as a young airman and wanted a taste of home. That movie...wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Those Taurus cop cars looked pretty futuristic at the time, though, just as Verhoeven had intended.

dont they make security bolts for the doors? thought i saw those somewhere.
Yes. McGard.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ha. I just watched that movie for the first time since seeing it as a new release in 1987 at the base theater. I had recently arrived in the U.K. as a young airman and wanted a taste of home. That movie...wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Those Taurus cop cars looked pretty futuristic at the time, though, just as Verhoeven had intended.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone gotten their accessories stolen, when mounted OUTSIDE the Jeep? d7e49th-db207f2a-f77b-446b-abb1-36b57252c77c

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I carry a cordless drill with me. I am sure I can drill that lock out if about 15 seconds. I say don't worry about stuff being stolen. Get insurance and just understand that there are many risk in life and theft is just one of them.
Sponsored