Sponsored

Has anyone from NJ purchased a vehicle from Criswell?

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Retired
In particular, I am looking for information as to 1) did they collect the NJ sales tax? I assume, yes. 2) did they register the vehicle with NJ and in particular was it registered with the 5 year new car registration? Or, did they just provide a temp tag to get it home and then I'll take care of registering when I get home? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

spaghettipie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi A4 Avant s-line, 2012 Subi Impreza sport hatchback, 2010 MB GL350, 2013 Lotus Evora S, 2020 JLU Sahara
In particular, I am looking for information as to 1) did they collect the NJ sales tax? I assume, yes. 2) did they register the vehicle with NJ and in particular was it registered with the 5 year new car registration? Or, did they just provide a temp tag to get it home and then I'll take care of registering when I get home? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I’m in NJ and have bought many cars out of state (not from that particular dealer)

They charge the sales tax from your state (NJ) including lux tax, etc. if applicable.

They will give you a temp plate from their state.

They will do the registration for you for NJ (there may be a small upcharge from doing yourself, bi who wants to sit at dmv/mvc to save $60?

They will mail you the plates, and you may have to bring it to an inspection station to get the 5 year new car inspection sticker.

This has been the process for me anytime I’ve bought out of state, but best would be to ask them directly.

danbiz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They handled my NJ DMV process the dealer collected all the fees and tax... Within a month my nearest DMV called me to pick up the plates it was all set and done. Than when you go they slap a 5 ys inspection sticker (no inpsection required).

OP
OP
starzbullies

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Spaghettipie and danbiz for your replies... Much appreciated!

DCOURTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S/1982 Porsche 911SC/1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Spaghettipie is spot on. Exactly what happens. Don't hesitate to go out of state to buy. I've purchased two cars from Koons in VA and I live in NJ. No issues.

OP
OP
starzbullies

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Spaghettipie is spot on. Exactly what happens. Don't hesitate to go out of state to buy. I've purchased two cars from Koons in VA and I live in NJ. No issues.
I did purchase from Criswell. Picked up our 2020 Rubicon Saturday. Leon Travis was my salesman and Ahsan Javeid was the Financial Services Manager I worked with. I would highly recommend Leon, and Criswell Jeep for buying your next Jeep from!
Sponsored

Last edited: