Sponsored

Has anyone ever installed a mopar 2” lift themselves?

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
This has been on my mind for a while. I know i only have a sahara, but id love to rip this lift off and put an evo lift on to run 38s.

I had to sell my last lifted truck because apparently they had to cut so much stuff underneath the truck that it was cheaper to buy a new truck than to install a bigger lift.

But the wrangler looks like a much simpler lift. Anyone here uninstalled one before?
Sponsored

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Doing a lift is super easy on the jl. Hell my son and I put a rubi take off suspension on his sport in like 2-3 hrs. (Granted we did not have to deal with control arms. But that’s not too bad). It took us longer to get a factory steel bumper put on than the lift

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I can appreciate the will to install your own lift. However if it's a Mopar lift, why not just pay a dealer to install and keep the warranty?

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I can appreciate the will to install your own lift. However if it's a Mopar lift, why not just pay a dealer to install and keep the warranty?
My understanding is that you aren't required to have a dealer install it to retain the warranty. The parts themselves carry the warranty if I'm not mistaken. Dealers might tell you that they have to do it to keep the warranty... because dealerships are shady lol.

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Depends on if you have the time and space if you want to do it yourself. Also doing it yourself will help you get to understand the Jeep better. However there are times when you just don’t have the time or energy to do it yourself. So it’s up to the OP if he wants to do it. There is no wrong way. Do it or pay someone to do it. Granted I’ve seen some horror stories on this board about “professional shops”.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Most dealerships are still wanting to charge thousands of dollars to install this lift kit that should technically take even a halfwit with professional tools a couple hours to install.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
You do have a good point. Id like to look into that. I bought the jeep off the floor with the mopar lift already installed. If i switched my lift myself, i doubt theyd even care to notice.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Install it yourself and you’ll never look at your Jeep the same way again. It’s an awesome experience. If your dealer is the type who rejects warranty because of mods or wheeling then it’s time to find a new service department. Even an aftermarket lift shouldn’t void your warranty if it’s installed properly.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

It should be a 4 hour job at most dealers ($600 or so)

Some dealers will have deals on the parts so the total cost can be a decent deal. The dealer cost will also include an alignment in most cases.

If you can get the Jeep in the air (lift) it will be quite a bit easier, If you’re using a floor jack and stands, not quite as much fun.

Having said that, over the years I’ve installed my winches (3), Maximus tow loops (2) all lights and replaced all of the suspension bolts on my 13’ 2 door Rubicon with the Synergy kit. Always feels good when you’re done.
Sponsored