Sponsored

Has anyone else noticed what looks like 1000's of tiny bubbles or specks in their wndshield?!?

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I typically notice it when the sun is setting and comes straight through the glass. Check it out closer when it's in these lighting conditions. I apologize in advance if you do notice it and it drives you bonkers like it does me... :lipssealed:
Yeah. I’ve noticed that too.
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
057BF626-252C-406F-B1F6-69D41D02B7B6.jpeg
These bubbles or whatever are sooooo tiny it is near impossible to capture them with my iPhone 6s. You have to see them in real life with the sun shining directly through the windshield. In all other conditions it is almost unnoticeable, but when the sun is setting and shinning through it is very apparent and my OCD enters critical meltdown. :computerrage: I mean, come on, this is a brand new $60,000 vehicle, I shouldn't have to just "deal" with this major annoyance. :facepalm:

*I shined a flashlight through the windshield to try to illuminate the specks. The photo obviously isn't great, but if you look closely you can see all the tiny specks in the glass. Again, I've cleaned the glass with steel wool and it isn't on the surface, it is IN the glass.
Damn, dude! I wouldn’t use steel wool on a windshield. They make glass polish that will get deposits off without scratching the windshield. All my windshields look like that within a year or two. It’s usually small divots in the glass from sand and rocks, so it’s weird that a new windshield would have it.

AlwaysSigns

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yep my Front and Pass. side Door Window have these Very Small Bubbles or Specs. I Have not looked close at the Door Windows yet but noticed near the Top as the Sun was getting lower. The Front Windshield is real bad when the Sun is getting low and coming thru. I've Cleaned the Windshield over an over, Still there. I thought it was Tree Sap! Like way to much to believe. Yeah I will bring this to the Dealers attention. I'm sure I'll have to prove it. Good Luck
I have the exact same windshield issue. I noticed it 3 mths after picking up my Wrangler (it was in the fall & I was driving directly into the setting sun). I took it to the dealer recently and they're talking to Chrylser about replacing it. There are thousands of bubbles and some of them are diff colors. In the late afternoon full sun, it's a serious safety issue because you literally cannot see through the bubbles. I've almost hit other cars a few times, can't see stoplights, etc. I was able to get somewhat decent pics. It is NOT pitting on the outside of the windshield as some have suggested. I've recently retired & finally had time to visit the dealer during sunset to work out the issue/replacement.

20211226_160111.jpg

20211226_160238.jpg

diesel2022

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone else noticed what looks like 1000's of tiny bubbles or specks in their wndshield?!? 20211226_160238
These bubbles or whatever are sooooo tiny it is near impossible to capture them with my iPhone 6s. You have to see them in real life with the sun shining directly through the windshield. In all other conditions it is almost unnoticeable, but when the sun is setting and shinning through it is very apparent and my OCD enters critical meltdown. :computerrage: I mean, come on, this is a brand new $60,000 vehicle, I shouldn't have to just "deal" with this major annoyance. :facepalm:

*I shined a flashlight through the windshield to try to illuminate the specks. The photo obviously isn't great, but if you look closely you can see all the tiny specks in the glass. Again, I've cleaned the glass with steel wool and it isn't on the surface, it is IN the glass.
Poor quality glass sand

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
My 3 week old 392 has the marks on the windshield and passenger window as well. It’s looks like overspray, or tar. I tried everything to remove it and finally took to a detail shop and glass shop to be told by both that its a factory defect. Getting windshield and passenger window replaced with oem Friday.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
My 3 week old 392 has the marks on the windshield and passenger window as well. It’s looks like overspray, or tar. I tried everything to remove it and finally took to a detail shop and glass shop to be told by both that its a factory defect. Getting windshield and passenger window replaced with oem Friday.
My original looked like it was sandblasted after the first 6 months and then it cracked from a stone so I replaced it
with OEM and within 6 months it looks sandblasted again ...cheap glass I'd say but I hate it!!
Sponsored