Sponsored

Has anyone else noticed what looks like 1000's of tiny bubbles or specks in their wndshield?!?

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
One , why the high price ? What did you customize for the price to be high ?

Two , if it came to you that way , then they owe you a partial refund , at least ? For defective glass IN the windshield .

Call Mike Manley , CEO , if the dealer gives you a flim flam runaround .
It was $54,000 (with all options except door prox, smokers group & engine block heater.) Plus lifetime warranty $4000 and then tax and license here in CA. It adds up quick! Anyhow, I hope they can remedy the situation soon.
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
With the other problems you have had , whatever you do , don't take a job as a JL salesman at the auto show .
Nope...I am all for jeep but cant deny the issues until jeep ups their QC. We still get stopped and asked questions about or TJ at least a couple times a month. Love jeeps but theygotta be right.

Speaking of the glass thing i wonder if insurance companies will cover an upgrade to gurilla glass once its out.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
So I went back out and checked in the daylight. Nothin. No bubbles or defects. Have you compared it to others on a lot?

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
No I haven't, but I will now when I'm at the dealership later this week. :movember:
And of note- there has been a lot of debate on variances from build dates. Mine was literally one of the first built. Is your recent or older?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And of note- there has been a lot of debate on variances from build dates. Mine was literally one of the first built. Is your recent or older?
It was built in April.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
No I haven't, but I will now when I'm at the dealership later this week. :movember:
If glass is manufactured improperly , it can have a lot of air bubbles trapped inside . Try researching 'plate glass bubbles defects' , or contact Corning Glass , and ask their opinion . You could have received a defective windshield made by the vendor .

In your case , I would certainly want a $1K money settlement from Jeep , because glass defects and distractions are a safety issue . If you bring up the money settlement , it will grab their attention immediately .

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
We have the acoustic glass and do not see this at all. However I have noticed something annoying, the suction cup marks from when the windshield was installed will NOT come off. You see them when the front windshield gets hazy on the inside like when it fogs up or needs to be cleaned.
I have tried everything to get them off but can't

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I have a Rubicon with standard stereo and I have the acoustic glass. It says "acoustic" on the lower drivers side corner.

I don't see specs, but I do see some suction cup looking marks under the right lighting. Seems to be on the inside, but I have had no luck cleaning them off.
OMG! I thought I was the only one that could see this. It’s the same thing on my Rubicon that has the upgraded stereo system but there are three suction cups on the bottom and three suction cups on the top never seen this before in my entire life and yes they do not come off. I have no idea what this is or why they use these type of suction cups on the windshield. I was going to bring this up to the dealer because it dries me nuts when the inside of the window gets dirty they show up.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
OMG! I thought I was the only one that could see this. It’s the same thing on my Rubicon that has the upgraded stereo system but there are three suction cups on the bottom and three suction cups on the top never seen this before in my entire life and yes they do not come off. I have no idea what this is or why they use these type of suction cups on the windshield. I was going to bring this up to the dealer because it dries me nuts when the inside of the window gets dirty they show up.
I'm starting to think these are somewhere within the lamination. They definitely don't look like they are on the outside, and I had no luck cleaning them off the inside. Maybe they're on the inner side of one of the glass from the lamination process. Pretty poor QC either way. I'm not too upset as I figure such an upright windshield isn't going to last that long anyhow.

Sponsored

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
Glass polish or a clay bar, possibly bar keeper’s friend should all be ways to remove the suction cup markings

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Glass polish or a clay bar, possibly bar keeper’s friend should all be ways to remove the suction cup markings
I’ll admit this is a solution that only I have- and it works great on suction cup marks: I used to work for Saturn and they made a glass cleaner for their showroom cars. The stuff was 20 bucks a bottle back then, and worth every penny. It had something that was amazing on glass and was safe for tint.

Well, Saturn is gone now and I took a bottle home with me. It’s about done, but man- that secret formula is the most amazing cleaner I’ve ever used.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Rubicon with standard stereo and I have the acoustic glass. It says "acoustic" on the lower drivers side corner.

I don't see specs, but I do see some suction cup looking marks under the right lighting. Seems to be on the inside, but I have had no luck cleaning them off.
We saw these suction cup marks a month after we bought it. Ours were on the inside. Took some elbow grease to get it clean. Sahara, infotainment, acoustic glass. No tiny bubbles though.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Just look through your windshield....not at your windshield...

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just look through your windshield....not at your windshield...
Very tough to do... They are extremely visible, plus I'm OCD X 1000! :surprised:
Sponsored