Has anyone else noticed what looks like 1000's of tiny bubbles or specks in their wndshield?!?

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I typically notice it when the sun is setting and comes straight through the glass. Check it out closer when it's in these lighting conditions. I apologize in advance if you do notice it and it drives you bonkers like it does me... :lipssealed:
Yeah. I’ve noticed that too.

Squibbles

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
057BF626-252C-406F-B1F6-69D41D02B7B6.jpeg
These bubbles or whatever are sooooo tiny it is near impossible to capture them with my iPhone 6s. You have to see them in real life with the sun shining directly through the windshield. In all other conditions it is almost unnoticeable, but when the sun is setting and shinning through it is very apparent and my OCD enters critical meltdown. :computerrage: I mean, come on, this is a brand new $60,000 vehicle, I shouldn't have to just "deal" with this major annoyance. :facepalm:

*I shined a flashlight through the windshield to try to illuminate the specks. The photo obviously isn't great, but if you look closely you can see all the tiny specks in the glass. Again, I've cleaned the glass with steel wool and it isn't on the surface, it is IN the glass.
Damn, dude! I wouldn’t use steel wool on a windshield. They make glass polish that will get deposits off without scratching the windshield. All my windshields look like that within a year or two. It’s usually small divots in the glass from sand and rocks, so it’s weird that a new windshield would have it.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement