Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep

Na Kalohe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Willys
Here in Hawaii everyone drives with respect for our fellow drivers . . . . except those who drive BMWs.

Junior18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I, unfortunately, live in NY so it is impossible to make any correlation between vehicle driven and behavior of fellow motorists. NY has THE worst drivers. I've been many places in this country-- and the world for that matter-- and NY/NJ drivers, overall, are abysmal. Afghanistan has better drivers.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Not a jeep thing but a societal issue in general. People are becoming far too self-entitled and it shows in their driving.

An alarming new trend in MD - light turns green and oncoming traffic cut in front of you to make the turn versus waiting. And this is often 1 to 3 cars per light change! This is clearly "I am more important than you" move.
This 100%. I'm in Atlanta where it's really bad. I see the exact same traffic light situation everyday, but it's not only cars, but also kids on those godforsaken Bird scooters. In the last two weeks I've been threatened with being shot twice for not letting someone cut me off in stop and go traffic. One of the cars even chased behind me and the same kid who said he'd shoot me, who couldn't have been more than 13, tried to throw a can of something at me but missed horribly.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Was topless and doorless (as it should be :) ) last summer and some a-hole in a diesel truck was acting weird driving next to me. I realized he was looking for a chance to do an exhaust dump into my driver's side door area. I managed to get away from him in time and at the next light he pulls up and grins at me. I just shook my head resisting the urge to go punch him in the face.
Just “lose control” because you couldn’t see and pit him. Best outcome, he rolls over and you’re still not at fault. Worst outcome, he doesn’t roll over but still has to pay for all damages due to your dash cam

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I've never had it happen to me. During the spring and summer months, I have the doors off and most people pull up to me to give me a thumbs up or compliment my rig. I drive all over Southern California and take my time. I see the douche bags in Tesla's getting raged on all the time... but most times they deserve it. They think they're better than everyone else...
Because their freaking auto pilot makes it looks like they’re tapping their brakes all the time in traffic. So freaking annoying to drive behind cause then the vehicle behind you thinks you’re some idiot who can’t drive and is braking for no reason then they fly past on the right only to find out it’s the stupid Tesla making you brake

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
It’s so weird because I actually noticed this the first week of owning my Jeep in AZ. I also drive a very non aggressive looking Nissan Versa. For some reason it felt like the Nissan would get way less attention on the road and people would let me in to merge, etc. With the Jeep it felt like everyone would see me coming and immediately try to test me.

So at first I thought it was a Jeep thing, but then I realized something. I was born and raised in AZ for 21 years, came to visit and pick up my Jeep from the dealer after being out of state for many years. AZ changed ALOT. Driving is waaayyy worse and plain dangerous at times because of the immediate braking, etc.

I don’t think you’re crazy in thinking this and we’re seeing extreme migration to TX and AZ from CA. People from CA on the forum won’t like that opinion, but the truth is I lived in CA for many years and the way people drive there is very dangerous.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
It seems that half of CA has moved to Phoenix. I see Cali plates all over the place. For the most part they don't seem to be any worse than the AZ drivers, except at roundabouts in Scottsdale where they drive like they are pretty clueless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is very true. They won’t last long. As soon as that first summer shows up, it’s going to be a very hard time. I lived in AZ my whole life and and I still can’t get use to the summers. 😂

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my wifes car and up and down Wadsworth people are on their phones 4" from my bumper but I notice I get bit more space in my Jeep.

It seems that half of CA has moved to Phoenix. I see Cali plates all over the place. For the most part they don't seem to be any worse than the AZ drivers, except at roundabouts in Scottsdale where they drive like they are pretty clueless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see the same thing in CO in regards to not knowing how to use round abouts or 4 way stops. I've seen people from other states debating online in a CO group who has the right of way when arriving at the same time at a 4 way stop. At that moment so much of what I see on the roads started making sense..

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
I've not read though this thread but yes I've had dipsticks trying to get a insurance claim that way in Decatur AL. a few months ago the car cut over from left lane slammed on brakes came to stop the car didn't have brake lights or turn signal that worked (I'd bet the lights was disconnected). If I'd been driving my XJ I'd like to have just pulled it in 4 WD hit the gas and went over the dang car. But I did get to "test" the bigger brakes of the Max-Tow.

Sponsored

LOANDBEHOLD.

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
You don't happen to have any bumper stickers??

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
I spend 5+ hours on the local roads and highways every day, not in my jeep.
it's a non stop cluster fuck of bad drivers, roadrage and mayhem every day, doesn't matter what you are driving

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I spend 5+ hours on the local roads and highways every day, not in my jeep.
it's a non stop cluster fuck of bad drivers, roadrage and mayhem every day, doesn't matter what you are driving
The problem is driving schools don't teach people to keep right, because it's not on the road test. I bet if people were taught to keep right from day 1 it would clear up A LOT of road rage, traffic, emissions, and save a ton of money for everyone.

Keep right except to pass = World Peace

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The problem is driving schools don't teach people to keep right, because it's not on the road test. I bet if people were taught to keep right from day 1 it would clear up A LOT of road rage, traffic, emissions, and save a ton of money for everyone.

Keep right except to pass = World Peace
Before moving to narcs I wrote more traffic tickets for riding in the left lane on the interstate than I did for speeding...It is a pet peeve of mine.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Before moving to narcs I wrote more traffic tickets for riding in the left lane on the interstate than I did for speeding...It is a pet peeve of mine.
You!.....YOU are my hero. We need more of this (I'm dead serious)
Sponsored