Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Eh, I provoke almost all my road rage. 🤔

In my defense, I was waiting on a really interesting text and the light is the second best place to check it. So the light turns green and I'm not ready to go yet. I still make it through the light. I can be responsible for everyone. The left lane is the best place to check it.:rock:
Dick much?

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
What is with all of the hate against Californians? [or any group for that matter]

I've gone cold turkey on CNN/Fox to avoid all of this silliness. Why do we feel the need to trot our pettiness out here? Can we stick to Jeeps without disparaging those who are perceived to have a different viewpoint?

If you feel the need to pick up a stone, chances are that you are standing in front of a glass house.
For the most part I would agree with you, but we are talking about Californians LOL. Seriously it is a joke, but it would just be nice when people leave the left coast Oregon and Washington included or for anyone visiting anywhere to just try and be hospitable. Wave, smile and for someone who has had to drive large trucks let people in. Life is hard enough, especially these days, so give a wave and enjoy the ride.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
What colour is your jeep? Its said that Red triggers anger and aggression in your subconscious(why youll never see a red plane interior).
I noticed driving my red as fuck jeep around that a lot of people were quick to be angry at me. Its my 9th vehicle(first red one) and no ones ever raged as much toward me before. Its funny.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
Hmmm....I have not noticed...I mainly drive my Jeep anywhere from Southern British Columbia to Southern California, and everywhere between. That being said though, I notice the most aggressive drivers in general are in the L.A. area and the Southern British Columbia areas. Where I'm from though, in the Seattle area is people drive too fast and too slow at the same time, which can be frustrating, as people don't always go with the flow of traffic.

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I don't think its a good guy/bad guy thing, its just how they drive in CA. Everyone's cutting everyone off, no one lets anyone else in, its a disaster. As notorious as Chicago is, I liked driving there way more than CA. People might beep and yell, but they'll let you in and traffic keeps flowing. Too many big egos on CA roads for that.
I agree...coming from Seattle, everytime I visit California, (Mainly LA area) its astounding how bad they drive in the LA area. Its awful driving conditions. Southern British Columbia, the drivers are agressive too, but LA area takes it to another level.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
Well as someone just south of you, I can say that often times when I see someone with TN plates, they are pretty awful drivers. Of course I'm not saying that the whole damn state is bad but if someone is in front of me with a TN plate, especially fom Davidson Co, there is a solid 80% chance they are abysmal at driving.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
Hasn’t happened to me much. The only ones who act like smart asses around me are the idiot NYC Uber drivers with TLC plates. Anybody who lives on Long Island, NYC, Westchester or Northern NJ can relate to what I am saying. They are a nuisance on the road to other drivers also.

Besides them I have never really had an issue. When people see the factory Steel Bumper on a JLUR around here they know their rear bumper will not win that battle so people are mindful on the road (unless you are an Uber driver in this area with NYC TLC plates).

jrap

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport, 2016 Ram 1500, 2019 Harley RGU
I drive red Jeep in Atlanta (it's technically my wife's), never had a single issue like the one OP describes. No disrespect intended, but if you're constantly getting cut off and honked at, pretty darn sure you're doing something wrong to provoke this behavior from a bunch of unrelated drivers, all reacting the same exact way towards you. Sorry to be so blunt . . .

Sponsored

jrap

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport, 2016 Ram 1500, 2019 Harley RGU
I drive red Jeep in Atlanta (it's technically my wife's), never had a single issue like the one OP describes. No disrespect intended, but if you're constantly getting cut off and honked at, pretty darn sure you're doing something wrong to provoke this behavior from a bunch of unrelated drivers, all reacting the same exact way towards you. Sorry to be so blunt . . .
I'll go one further, we get nothing but Jeep waves, thumbs up and compliments whether parked, at a light, or in motion. Our Jeep attracts nothing but love!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I’ve noticed this as well when I’m driving my Jeep. I’ve never been cut off in my 911.
And for reference, I drive both exactly the same way.
That poor Porsche.

;)

I can say that often times when I see someone with TN plates, they are pretty awful drivers. Of course I'm not saying that the whole damn state is bad but if someone is in front of me with a TN plate, especially from Davidson Co, there is a solid 80% chance they are abysmal at driving.
Come to Pennsylvania and observe the driving habits of folks with NY and NJ plates. You'll witness new frontiers of Abysmal, believe me.

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's your license plate?

Are you a Therapist by profession and have a plate like THRAPST ?!?!
Honeybee license plate. Maybe people hate bees lol

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah like I mentioned elsewhere, it's never been an issue in the 20 years I've been driving, and 7 years I drove for a living. I'm a good driver, but everyone believes they are.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Like the OP, I live in Knoxville. I have not experienced the same frequency of road rage he speaks of. Also, I have lived/driven in four other states, driven through 20 states, and seven other countries. I think the drivers in Knoxville aren’t exceptionally good or bad. In my experience, the only consistent aggressive driving is found on the interstate.
Sponsored