Sponsored

Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This will never change unless parents take parenting seriously.
It‘s a FUBAR world we live in today! I digress.
Dude I saw SO MANY parents on reddit crying about having to take care of their kids last year lol. Like wow, if you're driven to the brink by staying at home with your family.. something aint right.
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Oddly, I have found people to be nicer in my Wrangler than my Acura. I live in a place where pickup trucks are the norm, so perhaps I am more one of them in a Jeep …

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Its all the Californians moving to TN. Same thing has been happening in AZ.
Never saw this in CA ever. Half of CA is from elsewhere in any event.

OP is probably a chain panic breaker, no other explanation other than crazy bad luck or a Trump sticker

H to O

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2021, GMC Canyon 2015
I don’t notice people driving any worse than normal when I’m in my Jeep, just the usual distracted drivers everywhere...

When I do notice is when I’m trailering the boat with my truck. As someone mentioned before, many people seem to be hell bent to get around anything they perceive as “slow”. Trying to race around me while they stare at their phone and hurry to get nowhere. Meanwhile, we’re all going to be sitting with each other at the next traffic light.

My Jeep is a 2dr stock Willys in Crystal Granite, so it’s pretty low key. People probably don’t think they need to “get around it” like the boat, or perhaps like a lifted 4dr Jeep that looks like it’s going to crawl.

I hear the OP though, dealing with shitty drivers is a nail biter!

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Possibly related to this:

Before the jeep and 2020, I would possibly drive 85-95+ mph on the NJ Turnpike daily, just keeping with traffic.

Since getting the jeep, I've slowed down. To the Limit, even. As a side effect, I often am angrily passed nowadays. Maybe you just drive more slowly nowadays?

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Never had any problems, bummer that it goes on for some though :(

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Here in Houston TX they have some of the rudest drivers and they have zero problems cutting you off to get one car length ahead, also lots of under insured or uninsured drivers here so I keep my distance.
I feel for you. I worked downtown Houston for 8 years. I retired in 2018 and came back home to the sticks.
Houston is terrible just as you said. I've also been brake checked a few times there.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Eh, I provoke almost all my road rage. 🤔

In my defense, I was waiting on a really interesting text and the light is the second best place to check it. So the light turns green and I'm not ready to go yet. I still make it through the light. I can be responsible for everyone. The left lane is the best place to check it.:rock:

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
In my neck of the woods its the other way around ..people here mostly drive low sports cars and probably know what would happen to them if did something crazy. Since I got my Jeep, I receive more space and respect . In my other car I would get beeped at often....no more in jL ..its as if though they respect it

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
Since you have a dash cam recording, would you post a vid or 2 of the brake checking?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Notorious
You called?
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep 1622260312725

Best thing to do is not engage the road raging bully. Let them be and move along on their way. If they make it personal and start following, drive to your local PD and let the 911 operator know you’re en route.

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
I’ve noticed this as well when I’m driving my Jeep. I’ve never been cut off in my 911. And for reference, I drive both exactly the same way. Lol.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more.
Funny, I used to say the same thing, when I was driving the Sheriff's Van! They don't care!
Sponsored

Last edited: