Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Nothing that I would attribute to driving a Jeep, just the typical CA a-holes. Probably even less because everyone knows only bad asses drive wrangles. :LOL:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
What is with all of the hate against Californians? [or any group for that matter]

I've gone cold turkey on CNN/Fox to avoid all of this silliness. Why do we feel the need to trot our pettiness out here? Can we stick to Jeeps without disparaging those who are perceived to have a different viewpoint?

If you feel the need to pick up a stone, chances are that you are standing in front of a glass house.

Last edited:

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Nothing Iā€™ve experienced in my Jeep. I witnessed some really annoying road rage the other day tho. Dude slamming on his brakes in front of another car in the middle of the highway. Then he proceeded to pull over and follow him wherever he went.
It cracks me up that people find the time in their day to get this upset at strangers over stupid stuff lol I wish theyā€™d realize how embarrassing they look to everyone else when they get that mad

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I havenā€™t experienced more than the usual idiocy since becoming a jeeper. Lane drifters, shoulder surfers, red light runners, tailgaters, non-signaling sudden lane-changers, phone users and just plain ole penis heads are par for the course in these parts. Just last week I saw a work van trying to merge over due to construction ahead and an old raggedy suburban sped up to refuse to let the van over. It was a game of chicken where they both lost. They crunched together and came to a stop as did I. I pulled out and got out of there before tempers flared and the shooting started. Seems to be a lot of that going on lately. Totally unnecessary, but clearly egos got in the way. What a couple of morons.

ā€œThe meter is running and you donā€™t know when your quarter will run out, so enjoy yourself!ā€

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Not a jeep thing but a societal issue in general. People are becoming far too self-entitled and it shows in their driving.

An alarming new trend in MD - light turns green and oncoming traffic cut in front of you to make the turn versus waiting. And this is often 1 to 3 cars per light change! This is clearly "I am more important than you" move.

Just today at the Five guys with my son we saw this. Older lady leaving the CVS. Traffic was tight in the parking lot - lined up for the light to change. She was trying to get across the incoming lane to to exit lane but ended up partially blocking it because a couple asshats completely boxed her in - one across her nose in the exit lane; one in the entrance lane right up on her drivers door. She was clearly panicked and afraid to move; which caused the asshats to box her even tighter to try to get past and honk.

I had to get out; block the outbound traffic, let the nose-blocker get past and gone, signal her to help her pull forward and turn and get going, and then let the others go. One of them called me an asshole for stopping them from following the nose-blocker and letting her sit blocking incoming traffic; and lurched forward to imply he was willing to hit me to go. Lucky I'm not so easily intimidated. He then flicked a cigarette at me once she was free and he could move along.

The point is NONE of this needed to happen. A little bit of human kindness and it would have been a non-issue. Without human kindness it quickly became ugly.

If you got kids in the house educate them on this as hopefully the next generation is better.

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
Jeeps are perceived as slow and not having much power, and bullies like that.

fjernen

First Name
Eran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
In 29 years of driving a Jeep Wrangler, I have had 2 that come to mind.

My second jeep wrangler was a very nicely equipped 1994 Sport that I had added rims and tires (massive 30x9.5x15) and a slight lift. I pull up to a light and there is an almost identical jeep with 4 guys in it. Its summer both of us have our jeep tops off. They proceed to taunt me and swerve at me etc. I try to alluded them and then they started throwing hand tools at me. Screw drivers, and then small sockets and then the ratchet (which I still have 26 years later). I hop on the freeway and they are chasing trying to run me off the road. I find a highway patrol car stopped on the side and pull up right in front of him. They start to stop and then continue on. I tell the patrolman what was up and they begin to chase the other jeep. It was too late they were gone.

2nd one I had my top off and I am coming home from work. I stop at a light on 6 lane road where it crosses another 6 lane road. All of a sudden some random guy with no shirt runs up from the behind me on the right jeep and starts to get in. I was like no... as he tries to sit down I push him out as hard as I could and ran the red light with the passenger door flopping in the wind. Some how I didn't get in a wreck but it scared the pooo out of me. I have been conceal carrying ever since... more than 15 years.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Not a jeep thing but a societal issue in general. People are becoming far too self-entitled and it shows in their driving.

An alarming new trend in MD - light turns green and oncoming traffic cut in front of you to make the turn versus waiting. And this is often 1 to 3 cars per light change! This is clearly "I am more important than you" move.

Just today at the Five guys with my son we saw this. Older lady leaving the CVS. Traffic was tight in the parking lot - lined up for the light to change. She was trying to get across the incoming lane to to exit lane but ended up partially blocking it because a couple asshats completely boxed her in - one across her nose in the exit lane; one in the entrance lane right up on her drivers door. She was clearly panicked and afraid to move; which caused the asshats to box her even tighter to try to get past and honk.

I had to get out; block the outbound traffic, let the nose-blocker get past and gone, signal her to help her pull forward and turn and get going, and then let the others go. One of them called me an asshole for stopping them from following the nose-blocker and letting her sit blocking incoming traffic; and lurched forward to imply he was willing to hit me to go. Lucky I'm not so easily intimidated. He then flicked a cigarette at me once she was free and he could move along.

The point is NONE of this needed to happen. A little bit of human kindness and it would have been a non-issue. Without human kindness it quickly became ugly.

If you got kids in the house educate them on this as hopefully the next generation is better.
Totally agree. Two words that cover nearly every life situation: Golden Rule.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
When something sticks out, I usually try to find a reason.
1. Folks are driving unusually and hostilly around you.
2. It started when you got a Jeep.
3. Most other Jeep owners don't seem to be experiencing this.

Jeeps are harder to see around on the road; is it that you drive slower, and that never bothered folks when you had a lower-to-the-ground car they could see over?

Jeeps have big blind spots. Are you failing to allow for that when changing lanes? Do your visual-lane-check habits learned on previous vehicles fail to check an area now that you have a bigger boxier Jeep?

Do you have a bumper sticker that's pissing people off?

Sometimes there's no pattern. Perhaps you've just been unlucky.

Tongue-in-cheek and based on this thread's replies: are you driving with California plates in some other state? That seems to piss some folks off.

I don't know you or your driving, but if I were to guess, I'd guess the second option.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
One of the funniest road rage stories I've heard ...
One of my drivers was fuelling at a truck stop in Texas. Another truck pulls into the fuel island on the other side of the pumps, gets out and fills the front driver side tank. When he's done he realizes the hoses are shorter than he expected so he has to pull forward a bit to get the back tank. Meanwhile another truck had pulled in behind him and when the 1st guy pulled forward a bit and stopped the guy behind him loses it. 1st guy has hose in hand filling his truck and 2nd guy gets out, wearing a wife-beater, shorts, and flip flops, shouting all sorts of obscenities at the 1st guy. 1st guy says something back, and the 2nd guy completely lost his shit. Walked back to his truck and came back to the 1st guy with a gun in his right hand, hanging at his side, yipping at the 1st guy all the while, and stops about 5 feet from the 1st guy.
1st guy never loses a beat. He pulls the nozzle out of the tank and starts hosing down the 2nd guy ... these are high volume, high speed pumps ... 2nd guy is covered in diesel and standing in a puddle of it in seconds, then the 1st guy reaches in his pocket, pulls out a Zippo, and lights it. 2nd guy is now trying run away but keeps slipping in the diesel, and the shit that is literally running down his leg.
1st guy finishes fuelling, goes into the fuel desk, and a few minutes later the cops come and arrest the 2nd guy. I can't imagine those poor cops having to put that stinking, slippery, dripping, shitty mess into the back of their car ... that goes beyond the call of duty ... LOL
My driver on the other side of the fuel island is witness to the whole incident and says its the funniest thing he has ever seen. Even the cops that interviewed him were laughing about it.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
From what the OP described, that sounds like an insurance claim scam. More robust front end of the Jeep will do damage to their car but keep the victim safe, and they claim against you.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
One of the funniest road rage stories I've heard ...
One of my drivers was fuelling at a truck stop in Texas. Another truck pulls into the fuel island on the other side of the pumps, gets out and fills the front driver side tank. When he's done he realizes the hoses are shorter than he expected so he has to pull forward a bit to get the back tank. Meanwhile another truck had pulled in behind him and when the 1st guy pulled forward a bit and stopped the guy behind him loses it. 1st guy has hose in hand filling his truck and 2nd guy gets out, wearing a wife-beater, shorts, and flip flops, shouting all sorts of obscenities at the 1st guy. 1st guy says something back, and the 2nd guy completely lost his shit. Walked back to his truck and came back to the 1st guy with a gun in his right hand, hanging at his side, yipping at the 1st guy all the while, and stops about 5 feet from the 1st guy.
1st guy never loses a beat. He pulls the nozzle out of the tank and starts hosing down the 2nd guy ... these are high volume, high speed pumps ... 2nd guy is covered in diesel and standing in a puddle of it in seconds, then the 1st guy reaches in his pocket, pulls out a Zippo, and lights it. 2nd guy is now trying run away but keeps slipping in the diesel, and the shit that is literally running down his leg.
1st guy finishes fuelling, goes into the fuel desk, and a few minutes later the cops come and arrest the 2nd guy. I can't imagine those poor cops having to put that stinking, slippery, dripping, shitty mess into the back of their car ... that goes beyond the call of duty ... LOL
My driver on the other side of the fuel island is witness to the whole incident and says its the funniest thing he has ever seen. Even the cops that interviewed him were laughing about it.
Don't bring a gun to a diesel fight!

I had a constant stream of idiots driving like assholes around me in my last two Mustangs. So far it hasn't happened in the Jeep.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Do you have a sticker in the back of your jeep that might provoke anger / difference of opinion?
I personally flip off anyone who still flies certain flag, which migh provoke road rage in return.
Sponsored