InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I have never had that experience. Maybe it’s a local thing? I live in Colorado and there is a decent number of Jeep’s here. I was in Ohio prior and also never had that happen. So not sure what/if you’re doing anything that is causing it! But hopefully it doesn’t escalate further.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I live in DFW area and so far not had issues like this. Hope never do!!!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Nope. I experience no more or less road rage than in any other vehicle i have owned. (Although 95% of the road rage directed towards me is usually warranted:))

Sponsored

OP
OP
InsulinMan

InsulinMan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dang. I live in Knoxville and it's a terrible place to drive, surprisingly. I've driven in most major US cities and I'd rank it top 5 worst driver locations. It's weird. Weird demographics.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
San Antonio. Notoriously bad drivers this close to the border. No issues. Actually it’s the easiest vehicle to drive around in. Easy to see down the road like in a truck and no one want’s to challenge me while I’m driving it.

Getting cut off and people running red lights is a way of life here. Not worth the insurance and driving record hassle to make a point by tapping someone.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm...I’ve been driving Wranglers for 12+ years and can’t say this has been a problem.

Once or twice would seem normal, but ongoing...?

I don’t mean to be rude, but could it be that theres something in your driving that ticks other drivers off? Driving in a tall, highly visible Jeep could only by making it more obvious. :bandit:

What were you driving before...?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I think it boils down to a regional thing. We get it all the time in our class 8 trucks, as does pretty much every other carrier.
Our worst areas are Chicago, NYC, NJ, south eastern PA, MD, TX, CA, WA, and parts of TN and KY.
Usually when the working class economy goes in the tank it gets worse.
Commercial carriers have deep insurance pockets, and it's likely conceived that individuals with expensive vehicles do as well. Mostly it's people looking for a free ride on someone else's dime. There are some though that are just plain haters, although not as much as you would think.
Anyways, that alone is the biggest reason the pretty much every commercial truck that you see on the road employs some sort of video surveillance system ... dash cameras.

Pro tip of the day ... if you are ever in an accident, reach out to the trucks that were nearby. They very likely have the incident on their dash cams.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Was topless and doorless (as it should be :) ) last summer and some a-hole in a diesel truck was acting weird driving next to me. I realized he was looking for a chance to do an exhaust dump into my driver's side door area. I managed to get away from him in time and at the next light he pulls up and grins at me. I just shook my head resisting the urge to go punch him in the face.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It's not likely but also not impossible that some of these people are scammers – people who intentionally try to make you cause damage to their car in the hopes that they can convince you to give them cash rather than using your insurance.

With the bumper you have you'd do definitely cause some damage on smaller cars like Civics.

I'm pretty convinced this happened to me a number of years ago when an old pickup truck slammed on the breaks in front of me causing a low-speed collision. The hood of my car went under their bumper, causing no visible damage to their truck.

The driver got out and became verbally angry very specifically about there being no damage to the truck, told me they didn't want cops or insurance involved, and left...

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Happy to say i have not encountered that kind of douchebaggery, which in a way is surprising being i live in the northeast.

Did the shitvic also have a Folgers fart can?