Sponsored

Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Well, maybe one thing that could be a factor is that we tend to drive slower?...at least in my case i do drive at least 10 km/h slower than in another car, partly because it's just fun to cruise around in a jeep, but also because it's a high center of gravity vehicle. That might be a frustration for some?

Another thing is that I probably throw sand/rocks at them thanks to the KO2s without mudflaps (can't fit them)
I think its a combination of Jeep drivers tending to drive slower as well as with a smile on their face. Some people HATE that...NO HAPPINESS!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I see easygoing youngsters, affable grandpas and sweet moms turn into total road ragers the moment they get on the freeway...!

I have seen soccer moms and soccer dads with kids still in child seats do stuff at 80 MPH thatā€™d make Jason Bourne blush.
Itā€™s their funeral. All it takes is for one individual to make an error in judgement which then leads to a crash.

If people want to live forever why do they drive like they have a death wish? Please drive safe.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.

I think it's just ignorant drivers in Northeast TN... They do it to me regardless of what I'm driving...

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s their funeral. All it takes is for one individual to make an error in judgement which then leads to a crash.

If people want to live forever why do they drive like they have a death wish? Please drive safe.
Some people drive like they have a death wish because they think they will live forever...

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have experienced a really weird thing when I pull up to a light and the driver next to me is a female. This happens damn near everytime too. They look at me and pretend they're holding something in their hand, and then they pretend this invisible item is poking them on the inside of their cheek. I don't know what this means, does anyone else have this happen to them too?

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
I have experienced a really weird thing when I pull up to a light and the driver next to me is a female. This happens damn near everytime too. They look at me and pretend they're holding something in their hand, and then they pretend this invisible item is poking them on the inside of their cheek. I don't know what this means, does anyone else have this happen to them too?

There has also been a few guys. Does that make me subaru?šŸ¤”

Last edited:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I haven't noticed anything different while driving my Jeep. New Jersey drivers are a-holes toward everyone, not just Jeep drivers.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
It seems that half of CA has moved to Phoenix. I see Cali plates all over the place. For the most part they don't seem to be any worse than the AZ drivers, except at roundabouts in Scottsdale where they drive like they are pretty clueless. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Thereā€™s certainly a lot of people leaving the state going elsewhere. Not too many roundabouts here so that doesnā€™t surprise me. šŸ˜

Sponsored

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Been driving since I was 15. Owned Jeepā€™s all my life. Iā€™m now 66. Never experienced this. I have experienced road rage because I did a bonehead thing.

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dang. I live in Knoxville and it's a terrible place to drive, surprisingly. I've driven in most major US cities and I'd rank it top 5 worst driver locations. It's weird. Weird demographics.

I live in Knoxville as well and can attest to this behavior. I think it's due to the football team just being plain terrible and people taking out their frustrations on the roadways.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I've never had it happen to me. During the spring and summer months, I have the doors off and most people pull up to me to give me a thumbs up or compliment my rig. I drive all over Southern California and take my time. I see the douche bags in Tesla's getting raged on all the time... but most times they deserve it. They think they're better than everyone else...
Side question here, do Tesla's have turn signals? I honestly haven't seen one in action

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Side question here, do Tesla's have turn signals? I honestly haven't seen one in action
No, they are magical cars who don't have to follow the LAWS that EVERY STATE has for motor vehicles.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I haven't noticed anything different while driving my Jeep. New Jersey drivers are a-holes toward everyone, not just Jeep drivers.
I noticed a very aggressive driver 2 days ago with NJ plates driving 75mph on the highway in the pouring rain weaving through traffic. Thought for sure he was going to hydroplane and crash. Sticker on the door read ā€œZip Carā€.
Sponsored