Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Ive had my Jeep for about 9 month and have not had that happen. I live is South Florida and that can happen no matter what you drive tho.
Well shit down in SoFlo also, if anything it’s happened less to me since I have the mentality of driving a box on wheels so I keep a good buffer between me and traffic ahead so I usually have way more than enough time to react.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
What is with all of the hate against Californians? [or any group for that matter]
I'm originally from Jersey. I get what's up with that. Not like I care, but I get it.
Californians haven't reached that level yet. So there there, Californians. Don't cry. A lot of people still like you. It's not like you're from Jersey. Look at that nice California participation trophy you have. Cherish it.

Ricky Spanish

First Name
Bryson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk’n Rubicon
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
I’ve owned jeeps most my life, never had an issue. I just get compliments from people all the time 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Was topless and doorless (as it should be :) ) last summer and some a-hole in a diesel truck was acting weird driving next to me. I realized he was looking for a chance to do an exhaust dump into my driver's side door area. I managed to get away from him in time and at the next light he pulls up and grins at me. I just shook my head resisting the urge to go punch him in the face.
I bet you could pull up close enough to his front tire to lean over and stick it in the sidewall. All while grinning back.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Since I got my Jeep a year ago, I've had so many people cut me off, brake check me, pull out in front of me, combination of all those and more. I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over, use my turn signal, etc. Just yesterday I was on the interstate, doing 70 (65) in the right lane and a Honda civic cuts over and slams their brakes on. I was tempted to not slow down so much and give them a solid tap with my bumper since I have a dash cam... But this happens on a normal basis since driving a Jeep. And I've talked to so many people who just generally hate Jeeps for no reason at all.
Rude, inconsiderate driving has nothing to do with what you are driving. It has to do with people either not knowing the rules of the road or just being jerks in general. That behavior is going to happen no matter what you are behind the wheel of.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I have gotten honked at twice for stopping at a stop signs in my month of ownership so far. I have to resist using the open top for gesturing.

Here in south Florida we have a few things going on:
  • Self absorbed drivers in a bubble and on the phone (Boca Raton). Everyone is in their important way, including pedestrians.
  • Aggressive drivers from the north east (New York, Boston). They are always on the horn
  • Drivers from certain Lat Am countries where there were no rules

I learned driving in Manhattan that a certain amount of rudeness is appreciated. It signals intention and that you aren't going to get in the way. They don't want to get behind a timid driver.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Interestingly enough, here (Canada) it seems we get less "uncivil" behavior when we are in our jeep than when in our other "generic brand SUV".

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
As a native Californian I’ve watched people from all over the country move to this state and it’s now ruined. Next time a “Californian” moves to your state ask them where they were born. What goes around comes around.
It seems that half of CA has moved to Phoenix. I see Cali plates all over the place. For the most part they don't seem to be any worse than the AZ drivers, except at roundabouts in Scottsdale where they drive like they are pretty clueless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
I've never had it happen to me. During the spring and summer months, I have the doors off and most people pull up to me to give me a thumbs up or compliment my rig. I drive all over Southern California and take my time. I see the douche bags in Tesla's getting raged on all the time... but most times they deserve it. They think they're better than everyone else...

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
I've never had it happen to me. During the spring and summer months, I have the doors off and most people pull up to me to give me a thumbs up or compliment my rig. I drive all over Southern California and take my time. I see the douche bags in Tesla's getting raged on all the time... but most times they deserve it. They think they're better than everyone else...
Yeah that's more like it here too. Mercedes, BMWs and Teslas are typically the local offenders, driving as if the road belong to them, but they tend to avoid our jeep so far.

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE, 2018 Tesla X LR
happened to me on last week (my first week in a Jeep). A BMW cut me off to get to fast food. If I hadn't read this thread, I would have dismissed it as a guy desperate for some McD drive thru. I still think it was just that.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Well, maybe one thing that could be a factor is that we tend to drive slower?...at least in my case i do drive at least 10 km/h slower than in another car, partly because it's just fun to cruise around in a jeep, but also because it's a high center of gravity vehicle. That might be a frustration for some?

Another thing is that I probably throw sand/rocks at them thanks to the KO2s without mudflaps (can't fit them)

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE, 2018 Tesla X LR
Well, maybe one thing that could be a factor is that we tend to drive slower?...at least in my case i do drive at least 10 km/h slower than in another car, partly because it's just fun to cruise around in a jeep, but also because it's a high center of gravity vehicle. That might be a frustration for some?
interesting, is somewhat true for me as well, now that you mentioned it
Sponsored