Sponsored

Has anyone else been the victim of unprovoked road rage since having a Jeep

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I drive what I consider to be normal. I stay in the right lane, never speed more than 5 or so over,
That is downright un-American to drive like that.

Just be the fastest vehicle around and no one can cut you off - problem solved :)
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, the only consistent aggressive driving is found on the interstate.
^^^ this!

I see easygoing youngsters, affable grandpas and sweet moms turn into total road ragers the moment they get on the freeway...!

I have seen soccer moms and soccer dads with kids still in child seats do stuff at 80 MPH thatā€™d make Jason Bourne blush.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Honestly, I think this thread is nothing but a crock of shit and over active imagination. Seeing a shrink might be a good idea.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Honestly, I think this thread is nothing but a crock of shit and over active imagination. Seeing a shrink might be a good idea.

If you live in rural America Its just not a thing. Large cities are, can be, battlefields.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Drive over into East St Louis one evening, preferably a hot one, and see how you feel after that.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
I drive both a JL and a Toyota RAV4. I do seem to get more drivers cutting me off in the Jeep. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because they think Jeeps are slow?

On the other hand, Iā€™ve *never* had anyone wave to my RAV4.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Recommend a bumper?
Any steel bumper that's made for a winch will hold up to probably anything on the road, unless it's some Q-Tip driving an old school Buick.

You could use a piece of angle iron bolted to the frame rail. That's what I had on my TJ, and it was as good as any stubby bumper you can buy.
DSCF0017a.JPG

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
This has been happening to me around southern Ontario but I had just figured itā€™s because of covid. Since covid started in 2020 ā€œstunt drivingā€ around southern Ontario at one point had been up an estimated 600%

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Southern California, so we are surrounded by bad drivers on a regular basis. Getting cut off is a normal part of my day regardless of the vehicle I happen to drive. :facepalm:

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I live in Southern California, so we are surrounded by bad drivers on a regular basis. Getting cut off is a normal part of my day regardless of the vehicle I happen to drive. :facepalm:
Every. Single. Time. I drive down Beach Blvd, I see somebody driving a lifted pickup, weaving through traffic at 70mph like as if they were driving a BMW M3.

Anecdotally, my experience has been that jerk drivers are not personal. They just see all the other cars on the roads as obstacles. They tailgate me, then the person in front of me, then the person in front of them. They cut me off, then they cut someone else off.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I drive both a JL and a Toyota RAV4. I do seem to get more drivers cutting me off in the Jeep. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because they think Jeeps are slow?
I drive a Sprinter - itā€™s the worst. People do the dumbest, most desperate shit to get in front of me, then slow down and get in my way. I generally drive at or over the speed limit, often as fast as that thing will go, and it does do fine at keeping up until the 82 mph speed limiter - but it doesnā€™t matter - people see that thing and react - they NEED to get themselves in front of it.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Literally everyone around LA drives like that. And thatā€™s the second defense of ā€œCalifornians arenā€™t from Californiaā€ in this thread lol. Itā€™s like communists that think communism hasnā€™t been tried before.
big cities round the world have aggressive drivers.. The OP is taking about a step beyond that. LA and Bay area are packed.. you go north of it and its pretty chill.

nkyjeep

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 platinum, 2021 JL RUBICON
Occupation
retired
Dang. I live in Knoxville and it's a terrible place to drive, surprisingly. I've driven in most major US cities and I'd rank it top 5 worst driver locations. It's weird. Weird demographics.
Yep everytime i drive thru tn lots of idiot drivers