First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We are looking to pull the plug on AZ. It's been very good to us over the years. We want land to build a barndominium. Simple building, simple life. Really liked TN but they have their share of erratic drivers and congestion. KY was pretty and is still on the list. We haven't been to UT but think that may be a nice place too. Looking for a greener area too.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If you want to get away from people, West Texas, a big chunk, not counting the cities, west of a line from San Antonio to Ft Worth. Wyoming, excluding Yellowstone. Eastern Montana. Kansas, west of a line from Wichita to Salina. The western 2.3rds of Nebraska. Oklahoma, west of OKC, New Mexico, east of the Rockies. A big chunk of Nevada outside of Vegas and Reno. South Dakota outside of Sioux Falls or Rapid City/Black Hills. North Dakota outside of the oil fields. There are probably some places in the Upsate NY, NH, VT and Maine that are pretty remore, though I haven't been there. UP of MIchigan, though I haven't been there either. Most places west of IH 35 are just too congested for me.

Greater Phoenix has ruined a lot of southern AZ. I can't believe how fast that city grows and grows.

The last place that I was that made me want to move was Pagosa Springs, I really liked that town. But I was only there for a day.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I have been driving Jeeps since the 70ā€™s. No issue with any other drivers.

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have never had that experience. Maybe itā€™s a local thing? I live in Colorado and there is a decent number of Jeepā€™s here. I was in Ohio prior and also never had that happen. So not sure what/if youā€™re doing anything that is causing it! But hopefully it doesnā€™t escalate further.
Lol as someone who has lived in Colorado for my entire life and drives as part of my job Iā€™m not sure how this has never happened to you. The drivers in this state have slowly become bigger assholes for the last 15 years and it gets worse every year.

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

Never really messed with in my Jeep (SoCal). I get the occasional BMW riding my ass but they're equal-opportunity. When I drive my sportscar on the other hand, everyone either wants to swerve into me, brake check me, or race me. It's a weekend toy and I don't drive overly fast or aggressive until I get to some clear twisty roads where I open it up.
Sponsored