Sponsored

Has anyone done a tune or any bolt ons to their 392?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Just curious. I think maybe a tune and a few bolt ons would be pretty awesome to do in the future. I am hoping a good exhaust company makes a better catback that has better looking tips and tucks up more. If they can do that and it keeps the performance exhaust open/close button function that would be an upgrade I'd definitely do.

After a few weeks with my 392 XR I have to say I absolutely love this thing. I have owned a lot of cars and it's like a mix of my favorite 3 vehices I ever owned.

My 2012 AEV JK
My 2015 GTR
My 2016 Corvette

The awd or 4 auto of the Jeep really give it great traction and with the 392 and 456 gears this big monster moves. Confirmed 4 seconds flat to 60mph. (GTR) and with that big V8 it sounds freaking epic (Corvette) and still having the capability of a wrangler (AEV JK) is quite a special vehicle!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone done a tune or any bolt ons to their 392? Screenshot_20211115-212253_Gallery
Sponsored

Last edited:

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I too am hoping for a small muffler while still retaining the exhaust mode/button.
I think like an inline super quiet muffler that would delete the entire back muffler leaving that space empty with the exhaust mode button that would be a dump right before the muffler would be awesome.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I too am hoping for a small muffler while still retaining the exhaust mode/button.
I think like an inline super quiet muffler that would delete the entire back muffler leaving that space empty with the exhaust mode button that would be a dump right before the muffler would be awesome.
Agreed and then that would also open potential long range fuel aux tanks. I'd like to do one of those eventually as well. Even if it's only 10 or 15 gallons I'd get one for my use. I think long range america said their system wouldn't work for the 392 due to the exhaust.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Agreed and then that would also open potential long range fuel aux tanks. I'd like to do one of those eventually as well. Even if it's only 10 or 15 gallons I'd get one for my use. I think long range america said their system wouldn't work for the 392 due to the exhaust.
I'm sure GenRight will figure out how to stuff a 25 gallon in there without hanging down much at all.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I had a Charger SRT that had the 392 and I wanted something louder than stock, but not obnoxious. I just replaced the stock mufflers with Dynomax Race Bullets and left everything else on the exhaust stock. Turned out perfect for what I wanted. Something similar might work for you and if not, the Race Bullets are super cheap.
Sponsored