Sponsored

Has anyone done a 2.5 inch Skyjacker Lift??

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
I am looking to do 2-2.5 inch lift and wanted to know if anyone has done the SkyJacker 2.5 inch lift with the 2.0 Fox Shox? I’ve heard good things about this setup but wanted to get opinions of people running it and also maybe some pictures of it with 37’s would be helpful!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had their 3.5/4" kit on a previous JLUR. It rode well but was stiff. The Skyjacker kits all come with their own branded shocks. If you want Fox Shocks you will be paying for shocks twice.

OP
OP
JLRU3ICON

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
They actually give you the option to upgrade to the Fox 2.0 Shox.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Wasn’t familiar with that lift so I looked it up. For the price point, I’d suggest looking for a more complete kit. Yes their could work but caster correction will be needed and then that’s adding money. We install metalcloak and they have a true dual lift which comes with UCAs and f/r track bars in addition to coils and shocks. Rock krawler also has a great lift which comes with new LCA

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLRU3ICON

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
I actually went with the Rancho Kit. I do not plan to off-road this so no need for the complete kit. If I do take it off-road it will be camping or something of that nature. zero rock crawling and definitely no mud for me. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this lift. From what I have read everyone running this lift is very happy and said its a better ride than stock!

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2in-sport-suspension-system-w-rs9000xl-shocks

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
OP
OP
JLRU3ICON

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
No problem. Looks like a solid kit. I'd add a front trackbar to center the front axle and geometry brackets to correct caster. With that combo I'm sure it will ride well.
I will add what you mentioned. Why wouldn't every kit come with this? It looks like this will help keep it within factory specs as far as where things needs to be. Thanks for the info. I got the Rancho kit so ordered the Rancho front adjustable track bar and geometry correction brackets.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I will add what you mentioned. Why wouldn't every kit come with this? It looks like this will help keep it within factory specs as far as where things needs to be. Thanks for the info. I got the Rancho kit so ordered the Rancho front adjustable track bar and geometry correction brackets.
Some entry level kits contain no caster correction, some kits include geometry brackets or adjustable control arms to correct it. I prefer brackets as it returns the arm angle to stock resulting in a better ride quality.

Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
010B5635-701C-469D-8B8E-AFEAE5690117.jpeg
I already took off my skyjacker 2.5 and it’s in the trash can. The coil springs bent and the shocks went bad around 6 months. I was running 315 70 17 at the time. Now I have a Clayton 3.5 lift, 37” patigonia tires rubiconexpress shocks with je reel drive shafts among other upgrades. Whatever you do, you need at least lower control arms (Lca) with a 2.5 lift. Keep reading the forums

Photo is 2.5 skyjacker w/315 stt pro mt’s

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What most people fail to understand is that these incomplete kits are not a hindrance off road, they cause problems on road. Nobody cares if their axle is centered or if their caster is dialed in when they're off road/rock crawling. I would avoid any of these big name companies that mass-produce lifts, including mopar.

Last edited:

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
22D8B59F-4678-43BD-B357-B71B172DB9FD.jpeg
I agree, some people don’t know but as you can see my original set up included EVO lower control arms. They are for sale btw
Sponsored