Sponsored

Has anyone cut their front splash guard down (aussies)

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Aussies,

Has anyone cut down their front splash guards as yet?

I am looking at doing that this week sometime and was curious to see if anyone else has done this. I have a sports S and I think it will look better without the cover between the bumper and the fender flares.

I have look at the various threads and videos from our American jeepers and it is pretty simple.
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I have the Rubicon with the steel front bar. On mine at least it just requires removal of a few small bolts. I agree it would look better removed, but I am also concerned about the ADR rules which may require them to be left in place. From what I have heard, it was this item which was the hold up on the steel bumper Rubicons in the first place.
Anyone with some credible facts on the legalities of removal of the bumper to guard infill?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I have the Rubicon with the steel front bar. On mine at least it just requires removal of a few small bolts. I agree it would look better removed, but I am also concerned about the ADR rules which may require them to be left in place. From what I have heard, it was this item which was the hold up on the steel bumper Rubicons in the first place.
Anyone with some credible facts on the legalities of removal of the bumper to guard infill?
I would find it hard pressed for any of us to get in trouble for removing that part.. I mean.. There are cars out there with far bigger after market concerns running around with no issues from cops or insurance.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Happy hump day everyone,

I don't see where it would not be a big problem. What happens if I replace the standard bar with another. Will all future Australian front bars come with a splash guard!

I intend to do this soon. I will be looking at buying a bar next year when there are a few to choose from. I currently like this one from doubleblackoffroad in Vic.
1.077724-20%20(1).jpg

No splash guard on this!

Stay tuned for pics etc.

AussieMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland 2019
Hello fellow Aussies,

Has anyone cut down their front splash guards as yet?

I am looking at doing that this week sometime and was curious to see if anyone else has done this. I have a sports S and I think it will look better without the cover between the bumper and the fender flares.

I have look at the various threads and videos from our American jeepers and it is pretty simple.
I removed mine on the same afternoon that I picked up the Jeep. 6,500kms later I have not missed them.

upload_2019-8-28_11-33-44.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great Mick. Thanks for the pic.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Before and after shots.

I was going to video the action but there are enough videos on it anyway. Suffice to say that it was pretty easy. You just take off the air dam by removing 8 plastic clips and 2 bolts. Then just take off the bolts off each splash guard and one plastic clip up top on the bumper. The hardest part is cutting into a new splash guard! I found it easy using a dremel. Just take your time. I think it looks way better.

20190612_115745.jpg

20190906_090906.jpg

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
BY the wa, to remove the plastic clips I did not use a flat head screwdriver. I went to Super cheap and brought a trim removal set. It only cost $21.00 and it will be useful in the future. More to come off!

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I also got a Rubicon, removed the covers the day after I got it. Was too busy driving it on the first day.. :D
Really simple job, 4 hex bolts each I think they were 13/32s bolts, so slightly different to all the "meant to be removable" stuff.. The hardest part was digging through my toolbox for the right size socket.

I think it looks so much cleaner without it. I did leave the little black caps on the red hooks though. I don't mind the chunkier look the caps give.
20190921_210524.jpg
20190921_211208.jpg

20190921_212243.jpg

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Removed it as a part of winch installation work. Pretty easy.
Sponsored