Has anyone changed their order?

JoeSchroe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited
I called my dealer the other day to see if they could still add an option, I decided I wanted the Infotainment group. They said since the build hadn't started it wouldn't be an issue.

Today, they emailed me and said they put it in as a new order, but since the old order hadn't started, it would still be the same timeline, and he is sending me the new VON and VIN when he gets it.

I was in D1... did I just get bumped all the way back to the start? Or will they transfer all of the previous parts for my old order to this order and get me back to D1 quickly?
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no rhyme or reason to the movement. There are people who are still waiting to move to D1 who ordered many weeks ago and there are others who jump right in after they ordered it. It seems to be a total crap shoot.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Your dealer will likely just get both jeeps and sell you the second one.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I called my dealer the other day to see if they could still add an option, I decided I wanted the Infotainment group. They said since the build hadn't started it wouldn't be an issue.

Today, they emailed me and said they put it in as a new order, but since the old order hadn't started, it would still be the same timeline, and he is sending me the new VON and VIN when he gets it.

I was in D1... did I just get bumped all the way back to the start? Or will they transfer all of the previous parts for my old order to this order and get me back to D1 quickly?
I have a related question. I ordered a 2018 JLUR aug 21, still in D1. I want to change to a 2019 and get the advanced safety group . Has anyone been successful at changing a 2018 order to a 2019?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have a related question. I ordered a 2018 JLUR aug 21, still in D1. I want to change to a 2019 and get the advanced safety group . Has anyone been successful at changing a 2018 order to a 2019?
My guess would be the same as mentioned above. The dealership would probably just place an order for a 2019 and since your 2018 is still in the process, they'd just get that when it comes and sell it as dealer stock. Best bet is to speak with your dealer and see what they will do for you.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
When you make a change you start over fresh. They don't add on to your old order or change years etc. Your place isn't held in line. It is new.
Sponsored

Last edited: