Sponsored

has anyone added turn signals or badgeglow to the side of their jl as a turn signal?

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i like the idea of a side turn signal for safety but i also don’t want anything overly obnoxious. there are a number of products on the market and install videos on youtube. do you have any experience with these? how do you like them? has anyone installed an amber badgeglow as a turn signal? thanks for any replies!
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've seen badge glow, I'm sure there are kits. I added Oracle Sidelights. I love them except the 3M tape on one side needs to be sorted out after winter. Probably due to me installing incorrectly I imagine.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I added these in and tied into the turn signal. Not the exact ones I bought but still the same thing.
Jeep Wrangler JL has anyone added turn signals or badgeglow to the side of their jl as a turn signal? Screenshot_20211128-064108

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
TBH, if Oracle had these in this size but with the entry light like on their current ones, I would have gone this route before the Sidelights.
yep, i saw these. that’s partly where my question originated from. i like the smaller form of these compared to the oracle. i guess that’s why i like the idea of the badgeglow as a turn signal.

how do you like the function of your oracle? it looks like in one video, the fit wasn’t exact but looked good with a little caulk that the owner said just made it look like a gasket.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
yep, i saw these. that’s partly where my question originated from. i like the smaller form of these compared to the oracle. i guess that’s why i like the idea of the badgeglow as a turn signal.

how do you like the function of your oracle? it looks like in one video, the fit wasn’t exact but looked good with a little caulk that the owner said just made it look like a gasket.
Honestly, I like them. The fit is great. I didn't feel a need for caulk or anything.
If you're talented enough, you could definitely trim the Oracle's. I no where near skilled or patient enough to do it. Lol

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Help me out here… I’m going to put badge lights on my Rubi at some point because I like the look, never considered making them an additional blinker. Who is going to be able to see them? I don’t think they will be visible from the front or rear, will they?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Until BMW makes a wrangler...
You reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw. It is somewhat true around Houson.
"For instant A$$hole, just add BMW".

Sponsored

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Help me out here… I’m going to put badge lights on my Rubi at some point because I like the look, never considered making them an additional blinker. Who is going to be able to see them? I don’t think they will be visible from the front or rear, will they?
my rationale (gained from videos of people noting this), was that the turn signal wasn’t the easiest to see while along side of the wrangler and thus the badge glow would allow someone to easily see that you wanted to move into their lane should they be to far forward to see rear blinker or not far enough forward to see the front blinker. this may or may not be an issue but thought i’d raise the topic to see what others thought.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
my rationale (gained from videos of people noting this), was that the turn signal wasn’t the easiest to see while along side of the wrangler and thus the badge glow would allow someone to easily see that you wanted to move into their lane should they be to far forward to see rear blinker or not far enough forward to see the front blinker. this may or may not be an issue but thought i’d raise the topic to see what others thought.
Well now I feel a bit silly for missing the obvious. Thanks for the insight.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
i like the idea of a side turn signal for safety but i also don’t want anything overly obnoxious. there are a number of products on the market and install videos on youtube. do you have any experience with these? how do you like them? has anyone installed an amber badgeglow as a turn signal? thanks for any replies!
I did this for safety so vehicles beside me can see the turn signal.

<a href="">

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Perhaps obvious, but avoid any badges with a red glow. That's an inappropriate color to use for that purpose. Amber lights in front, red in back.

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
sorry for the filter, can’t find the original pic. I got these off of Amazon for $100
Jeep Wrangler JL has anyone added turn signals or badgeglow to the side of their jl as a turn signal? 20D891D8-1BB8-45DE-8B38-F7BFAA62B2D4
Sponsored