Sponsored

Has anybody tried installing PPF on their own headlights?

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Looking for input here. I have partial PPF. But I'm thinking I should have included the headlights. Has anybody tried this? I do mostly city and highway driving, but with some moderate off roads, mostly fire roads, not heavy duty rock crawling.
Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Here is a view of my headlight that has a protective film on it. If you look close you can see the seam that starts in the center and goes down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody tried installing PPF on their own headlights? headlight

OP
OP

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Here is a view of my headlight that has a protective film on it. If you look close you can see the seam that starts in the center and goes down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody tried installing PPF on their own headlights? headlight

Interesting, thanks. Does it need a seam because the headlight is curved?

I had to blow up the photo to see the seam.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Lamin-X sells a headlight protective film for the JL, though the reviews are a little iffy due to the curvature of the lens. Put their fog light kit on my car that had rounded lenses and the material seemed to stretch and curve just fine for full coverage without splicing. Just an idea.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
My fog lights have the same cover without a seam. I believe the seam is needed due to the size and the curve of the headlight.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I've just ordered the Lamin X stuff for headlights, fogs, front grill and rocker panels. Some of this will be installed shortly after we take delivery, and en route back to CO.

OP
OP

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I've just ordered the Lamin X stuff for headlights, fogs, front grill and rocker panels. Some of this will be installed shortly after we take delivery, and en route back to CO.
Cool, let me know how it goes. I did my windshield film kit myself using the grab gard kit, so I assume I'd be able to do headlights myself as well.
Sponsored