Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
it's not road friendly, it's overpriced (Fully Loaded JLUR), it's not fuel efficient (3.6L), i got too many recalls (early 2019 Model) i keep modding it all the time and spend all my money on it.

BUT i enjoy taking it offroad and beating the living crap out of it and it just takes it like a champ.... to me personally that's all that matters.

So, i guess to answer your question:
- Many regrets when on the road and daily driving it.
- Zero regrets when offroading.
Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2021 models have the new steering box, which is a huge improvement.

I noticed on both my Rubicons is that the caster was too low from the factory. (For some inexplicable reason, the Rubicons have the same LCAs as the other models, even though they are higher.)

Both were 4.7*. I put the Mopar lift LCAs on my ‘19. The additional 1/4“ brought the caster to 6.0*, which helped the horrible wandering.

My ‘20 had substantially better steering, but still felt a little flighty at freeway speeds. I put Metal Cloak adjustable LCAs on and the caster is around 7* and that really made a big difference in the freeway. My husband hated driving my ‘19 (he had a modded JKUR so gets Jeeps) but loves my ‘20.

I hope you love your new Jeep as much as I love mine.
Same here, I got the Duratrac Eurosport 2" lift plus 1/2 teraflex load leveler spacer with longer teraflex front LCAs. Castor is at 7.4 after alignment. It rides smooth and straight as an arrow, no wandering. Not sure why stock Rubicon comes with 4.8 +/-1 ... Maybe that's why stock felt so jittery at high speeds...

cphollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2DR soft top
First time jeep owner, 2021 JL 2DR soft top. I had no idea these vehicles were this good! I got the Sport S as my wife and I would be up for casual off roading at best. The Rubicon hardware would be completely lost on me. I wanted light, I wanted simple, and I wanted cheap.

I previously have owned a bunch of different Porsches, Mercedes and Lexus. I was a bit skeptical as to what I'd get for my $33K. Boy, was I wrong. I have been continually impressed with just how well-made these Jeeps are.

There is wonderful engineering and attention to detail throughout. You can tell that a team of engineers has slavishly obsessed over every detail for decades. Thoughtful, insightful and useful touches everywhere. Even the basic black seat fabric looks like it could survive the Apocalypse.

The car is a complete joy to operate, reconfigure, maintain and drive. I've never owned a vehicle that could be completely disassembled with a small tool set -- and put back together again!

The 2.0 in a 2DR was a pleasant performance surprise. No, not Porsche territory, but certainly fun. Cornering fast is an acquired technique and a bit involves a bit of drama. I drive mine around our beach town, and use it as a towed vehicle behind our RV. I don't need to commute or do long trips with it.

We have a few nice Mercedes in the garage that aren't getting driven. Maybe it's time to sell them. Other than side step rails and a trailer hitch, I'm planning to keep it 100% stock for the time being. Even being stock, I think it's 100% cool to drive.

I originally had the naive thought of buying a nice used one. Well, the JLs are a huge upgrade, and the older JKs were usually Frankenjeeps and I didn't want that. So dealing hard on a new one got me what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier.

When my adult kids come and visit, it's always the Jeep they want to drive.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.

Never a silly question .......I can only tell you this, I've had three Wranglers and regretted selling all three. It's the perfect vehicle for all seasons, all terrain. My wife and I loved when heavy snow came ..that's when we would really enjoy having no crowds at the stores......they went anywhere.

Reactions: TPS

Sponsored

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
Tons of people regret it. They buy one cause it looks cool. Put the obligatory lift, 20” wheels, winch and angry grill on it. Then they realize it doesn't drive like their BMW. Get on the forums and facebook pages and bitch and complain about it, get butt hurt and threaten to buy a Bronco. Then again equally tons of people love their jeep with all its issues or non at all and constant money siphon for parts.

You either like it or you dont. No shame in either.
That's why I kept the BMW...choices are awesome!!!

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
Never a silly question .......I can only tell you this, I've had three Wranglers and regretted selling all three. It's the perfect vehicle for all seasons, all terrain. My wife and I loved when heavy snow came ..that's when we would really enjoy having no crowds at the stores......they went anywhere.
I know exactly what you mean. In the center of Poland, we do not heavy winters. Occasionally conditions are tough but from my point of view, the most irritating thing is potholes in the roads after the winter. I just hate it when the drive is more about zig-zags.

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Regret buying? Never! (I do regret an encounter with some granite but that's a different story...).

However, after about a year, finding 2/3rds of miles just running around town, I bought a dinkycar (Ford Fiesta) from Avis for around town use (in truth, a more pleasant drive). Now the Rubicon naps in the garage between fun trips...

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Regret buying? Never! (I do regret an encounter with some granite but that's a different story...).

However, after about a year, finding 2/3rds of miles just running around town, I bought a dinkycar (Ford Fiesta) from Avis for around town use (in truth, a more pleasant drive). Now the Rubicon naps in the garage between fun trips...
That's interesting.....we had a CT200h Lexus with great gas mileage....BUT
our Sahara was more comfortable than the Lexus.

Sponsored

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler
It's more of a "love it / don't get it" vehicle. It's purpose built for off roading with refinement layered over the top. It is unapologetic about what it is, and it always feels like - too me at least - those who hate it, don't really understand it.
For me, it's like a shiny new toy every time I see it. I've had several great cars in my life, but there is just something different about a Wrangler.
20200906_103818.jpg
My only regret is whenever someone posts a pic of their Ocean Blue 2-Door and I relive the pain and sorrow of essentially missing out on ordering one by like hours on that fateful day in June 2020. :) yes I'm being intentionally dramatic here...but I really did email to order one on the same day they discontinued the color and the 2020's. It was traumatic but it was not meant to be. But I'm over it...as you can clearly tell.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Every car is basic transportation,
Every truck is basically a work tool,
Every Wrangler is essentially a memorable Story...

The only regret in Life is not having a memorable Story 🤙
This is 100% true
I don't regret getting one and my brand new 36 mile $50+k JLUR is back at the dealership for a CEL.
To me that's just part of the game ... That being said, I don't think I could go back to having it as a primary vehicle ever again

Quickeddy69

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D
Well, my story.

I bought this one, sight unseen, my first Wrangler and I knew nothing about them. Boy, I had a little regret after 3 months. "I spent $36k OTD for this thing" I put it for sale and got an offer for $37k, and a deposit for $200, after putting 3,000 miles on it. While I was waiting for the title my friend took me for a ride in my Jeep. He had the most fun he's ever had driving a vehicle. He owns a lifted 2019 4runner.

It wasn't for sale much longer. I decided to keep it. Now after owning it for 11 months it was the best decision. I (we) love it. So much fun. It's not my daily, I have two boys that are 6 and 8 and we 4x as much as possible.

Its an absolute blast to drive. I've never owned a vehicle that I just want to drive. BTW its the 3.6 and a manual trans.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler? wrangler

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
I have had 5 wranglers and a CJ 7 and have a 392 on order. I only regret selling them!!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I do t know about regret, but it’s not been a positive experience. My ‘20 has been in the shop 3 times now and I’ve found Jeep after sale service to be really, really poor.

That said, I wanted a Wrangler for several decades and I’m glad I’ve scratched the itch. It’s been my daily driver (no commute) and I think I’m going to be much better served by a mildly modified van and a Model Y combination.
Sponsored