Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
YES, YES, YES. . . HUGE REGRET DAMN IT !!! . . . . . for getting the sport and not the rubicon !!! My first wrangler (a lease) and did not know if I would like it as much as I do and that would want to return it and go back to a cushy grand cherokee. . . . Now I wish I'd gotten the rubi.
Sponsored

Zidjan

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
My regret comes with modifying the Jeep..I always love the look of rugged Jeep without realizing the toll it took on drivability and Mpg. The jeep has 2.5 lift and 35 tires with 4.56 gears.... but I still only gets 15mpg. In retrospect, I would just go for a stock Rubicon suspension and 32 tires...But then again daamn it looks good. Although, when the Bronco is available used, I might trade it in for the Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler? 125768266_3608481772548881_4651487738920023837_o

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hi ya"ll, I would like to tell you my story. I started driving jeeps when I was very young and loved it. When I was old enough to own one I bought a 71 CJ-6, then had to build it to my needs. Then I bought a 75 CJ-5 and had to do the same thing. This is the first JEEP I have bought that I did not have to do ANYTHING to, to go where I wanted to go. I know a lot of people are having problems with their Wranglers but not me so far. I really love my 19 JLUR.

gweber

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
2 door with 35's on a 2.5" Teraflex lift. rides as good as stock and the dash says I am getting 22

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
We had a GC 3.0L diesel that was a fantastic vehicle, I wanted a Gladiator from the get-go but we were rolling up the miles on the GC and the warranty was on the verge of expiring. When we realized how long it was going to take for them to produce a diesel JT, we 'compromised' and bought a diesel Wrangler. So do I regret it? Wouldn't say I 'regret' the decision, especially considering that Jeep dropped the 2 JT colors we were looking at to order the diesel :headbang: Fast-forward a year to today, they still aren't making any colors we like so we will wait until the next rotation & will very likely order a diesel JT. The question will be, do we keep the JL AND get a JT?? :CWL:

Sponsored

SikkoBassta

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
My only regret is buying a Sport S instead of a Rubicon.

However, I have recently rectified that particular problem.
The dealer I went to talked me out of a Rubicon and into the Willy's. I was happy saving $10K.

My Regret is wanting the E-Torque. I didn't think about towing and if for some reason the engine stops / cooling fans that is going to be really rough on the transmission. Although it has some quick take-off.

The only thing I wish I had the option to buy is the hardtop painted body-color. But, with off-road use eh maybe not :)

Last edited:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Yes at times I did , more in the beginning than now but as my wrangler riding time goes by I as well feel certain type of new addiction and so I ask whether this is a positive change in my life. I was told all addictions are bad and isn't it true one can get screwed up by love too ?
And if one wonders about automotive regrets then just talk to someone who for maybe just a very brief time owned K car . I am not sure if Jaguar owners haven't been historically the largest donors in support of well to do mechanics but none of them will ever say they have any regrets .
I find driving Jeep alters my mind in the right direction where I can smell fresh air again without the muzzle , where I don't have to worry about locking my car or paying parking meter . So drive far and it don't have to be fast but steady, just keep on driving and keep smiling

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
Yes, this weekend driving home in big crosswinds on the highway. Missed my 2015 535xi.
But, cant wait for spring to get the top and doors off.

Sponsored

SikkoBassta

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I am keeping my Opel Insignia OPC for hi-ways/commute, which in the USA equals to Buick Regal GS. I guess having Wrangler as the only car would be more problematic.

The 1st day after the pick-up I am taking my family for a longer trip (400 miles) and that will be a good test for them how much they are going to miss Buick Regal's comfort. To their surprise I am going to avoid hi-ways and will stick to ordinary roads. The road trip will be longer for sure. :CWL:
ROFL that is going to be an experience!

• Haha
Reactions: TPS

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
When I mistakenly won it at the auction, I had instant buyer remorse... but it grew on me and my wife has forgiven me - after she realized kids love it.

Now with 4 vehicles between 2 people, I had quit daydreaming at online car auctions.

Reactions: TPS

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I love my Wrangler!

It is my DD and our only “practical” vehicle (hubby drives a Boxster). I run it top down and doors off spring through fall. He used to have a JKUR and I drove Miatas. Funny how we switched :).

That said, this is my second JL because my first one was bought back for steering issues. When people with bad steering say it sucks, they‘re not kidding.

This one is amazing and solid. I love it.

A note about the steering for anyone reading: the ‘18–‘20 JLs had an aluminum steering box. There is a TSB to replace it. Do it. Rubicons have too low caster, even stock. Longer LCAs are absolutely worth it.

050620D8-A598-4C7F-ADD4-5A9505BE2ED0-X3.jpg