Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I don't regret the wrangler but its a vehicle you learn to live with. The steering requires a lot of corrections at speed and on longer trips its a draining vehicle to drive. In the woods carving up a trail on a sunny day its absolutely in its element. I live for these days. However, sitting in traffic when its 20 outside and the defroster can't keep the windshield clear... you question your choices.
The steering certainly has a learning curve....if anything it wakes me up in the morning if I forget my coffee 😂
Sponsored

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Mine has been at the body shop for three months for the corrosion issue. At this point I am pretty pissed with mine

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I'm curious about the details regretting the manual transmission. I respect and understand there are preferences and use cases. For me I absolutely love my MT and spent a lot of time in a demo with AT trying to convince myself otherwise. I really like the simplicity, selecting my gear (I know you can button shift AT) and the connected driver experience. With that said, gears 5 and 6 are waaaaay too tall, especially in a Sport with the axle and t-case ratios. I could also understand the desire for AT if you do a lot of big rock crawling, but even then it's achievable in MT with the right gearing.
Dont get me wrong, I love my manuals and I have only ever owned manual transmission vehicles but.... this manual puts me in a funk. The components of the clutch it self are garbage, the engagement never feels the same day to day and the gearing is way out of wack in 5th and 6th like you said. I find myself hardly ever using 6th gear because it is a dog and the Jeep feels like it has the hiccups when in it from time to time.

I had a Sport A/T for over a month when my Jeep was in the shop and it is just so much smoother and the gearing feels more on point. With the Auto it also feels way more peppy as well and that was nice.

like i said, it is amazing offroad and i daily it as well. If the only thing I can really complain about, mechanically....... is the clutch/transmission. I would say that isnt too bad,

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Mine has been at the body shop for three months for the corrosion issue. At this point I am pretty pissed with mine
Mine will be BACK in the body shop for the second time very soon.... i feel your pain.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
Probably need to go to the Bronco site to answer this question....

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
Probably need to go to the Bronco site to answer this question....
Bronco is not going to be sold in Poland or even in Europe. As I like previous gen Mustang, I can't say this about Bronco.

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
Corrosion might be PITA. Other than that, does it suffer from anything else?

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
very happy with my wrangler. this is my 3rd.

that being said, I'm also VERY glad we also have a 2020 RAM limited. having a truck(and a luxurious one at that) is a very, very nice thing to fall back on when needed/wanted.

both have their pros and cons, the ram is a great highway/road trip vehicle, but i know it won't do shit offroad. The jeep is a rough rider, but it'll go anywhere.

also, FCA managed to make the truck an absolute BOAT to drive. I hate parking it so much.... the turn radius absolutely sucks on it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
My only regret is buying a Sport S instead of a Rubicon.

However, I have recently rectified that particular problem.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have not regretted my decision to buy a wrangler. I have a Sahara 2018 JL and love it.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
My only regret is buying a Sport S instead of a Rubicon.

However, I have recently rectified that particular problem.
Love my Ocean Blue, but Sarge is a close second for me. Nice choice!

Dagny07

First Name
Dagny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2012 JKUR, 2020 Powerwagon, 1956 F-100
Yes, my 2008 JKU with a mini-van engine!

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I bought a new 97 TJ which I drove for 7 years and loved it. I didn't really do any off-roading but loved driving my Jeep. Later I bought a couple other "cool" vehicles but always missed my Jeep. In September I sold my 2006 Mustang GT convertible "fun car" and ordered my 2 door, 6 speed, soft top Willys and am loving it as my daily driver. Haven't driven it a lot of miles yet, but absolutely no regrets here.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler? 20201126_005.JPG
Sponsored