Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have a neighbor that regretted it as they bought it as a daily driver and really didn't expect it to be poor on gas, noisy, and not all that great for their needs.

Me? I never looked back and will always own one. It IS my daily driver and I enjoy it more every day. It's the first vehicle I've owned since an old Z28 back in the 80's that makes me smile every time I see it, drive it, wash it or just sit in it. I compare it to my Harley as far as fun factor goes. It's my all year round, good and bad weather motorcycle. Hell, with the roof and doors off I might even say I enjoy it MORE than the bike as I can bring the family along for the adventure.

My biggest regret is not buying one years ago.
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLUR and No regrets! is it the most refined vehicle? NOPE. does it handle like sh!t on the Interstate? Yep. But I smile everyday driving it to work, road trips, and off-road excursions! I do regret waiting so long to purchase one, but you know life gets in the way of life sometimes. there is some things I would do different out the gate though. I probably would have went with a 2.0T or waited for the diesel, added the Mopar lift, Mopar HD rock rails, Tow package, 35's or 37's from the dealer (yes my dealer would have put 37's on). so regrets in how I started. I love the look of "modified rig" but also like to keep it looking as stock as possible. I love the diversity that the Wrangler offers.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?
Yes. Me.

Regret: a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.

My 1995 YJ, purchased new, developed piston slap a few short months after delivery. The short block was replaced under warranty, after which the same problem reoccurred a little while later. Having lost all faith in the vehicle, it was sold to another Jeep dealer after I owned it for less than one year.

Regret for the original purchase, none for its eventual disposal.

I waited 25 years before purchasing another Wrangler. Thus far, my new Sport has been flawless.

Last week ordered a base Willys two door, manual V-6, and softop.

After reading some of the threads regarding steering, ESS, clutches, etc.... I must admit I am somewhat skeptical at this point. I am both excited, and nervous.

It is a good thing my dealer didn't ask for any money down on the order. I suppose I could always cancel if I get scared enough....
My dealer required a $500.00 deposit to order my Jeep. They were careful to mention that it was refundable upon demand, up to the point of delivery day: "By law, we're not allowed to keep a customer's deposit if he asks for it back."

Not sure if the foregoing is linked to State or Federal law.

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
Hell, with the roof and doors off I might even say I enjoy it MORE than the bike as I can bring the family along for the adventure.
My point exactly. I hope my family is going to enjoy the roof off and a sense of freedom a Wrangler gives.

Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Drove a Mazda 3 and Rav 4 Hybrid for getting my first ever Jeep a few months ago.

Yeah the Mazda 3 and Rav 4 drive near perfect, little noise, perfect this and that

But I actually have fun in this vehicle. Every day, I get in it and enjoy looking at it inside and out. There is just something about it

I will never go back unless they actually start to become unreliable

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
J= Just
E= Empty
E= Every
P= Pocket

Hell no love my Jeep's and have never been upside down in a Wrangler....hold value, sure it has issues but who doesn't!

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My regret was buying an 07 JKUS. That thing was a giant POS, loved it, but man did it love to break catastrophically. Obviously in 2009/2010 it wasn't as clear now how much of a dog the 3.8 was. I love my 2020, it addressed every single thing I hated about my JK.

Sponsored

LemonsOnly

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
We work hard for our money and a Jeep comes with a hefty price tag, so I can see maybe some buyers remorse after you purchase one. It almost feels like an irresponsible purchase because of all the known issues with them. But to simply put it, they are just FUN. Its ok to not have the safest or most reliable, boring vehicle. Make a budget and go get one! Gotta live a little!

Also the day you get your first wave or you walk out of the grocery store and have 4 other Jeeps parked next to you will make it all worth while. You buy a Jeep, your also buying into a wonderful community.

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
All the time.... I'm on my 6th one :) lol I think its been said a dozen times.. You wither love it and all that it comes with or you simply hate it. There are times though, especially working on it, that you will hate "that stupid {insert name here}"... Then a nice sunny day, perfect for top down sweatshirt on, comes around, and it's the best vehicle ever!!! lol Good luck

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
... I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?
I purchased my first Wrangler 18 months ago. I have some regrets about that specific Wrangler...(soft top, manual locks, manual trans problems, steering problems). But after about a year with it, I purchased a second one for my wife, which has been regret-free!

I think to really answer your question; I'd never go back to a regular car or truck unless I had no other choice. It's a Wrangler or maybe a Gladiator from here on out for me. Similar to you, I had an '03 Mustang, which I loved at the time (I still have the shift knob!), but if I still had it, I'd choose to drive my full-of-regrets Wrangler over it any day of the week.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I purchased my first Wrangler 18 months ago. I have some regrets about that specific Wrangler...(soft top, manual locks, manual trans problems, steering problems).
It's makes sense to be concerned about the steering & transmission problems, but why have regret regarding the soft top and manual door locks? They're right there to see, and experience, before the sales order is signed.

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
No regrets... And, I do Just Expect Every Problem. It will be a painful hassle as each expected component and system failure occurs at the wrong time in the wrong place; but, I look on the bright side.

Each of those failures has an expensive but "cool" upgrade available and each failure will be my excuse to tell my wife that I have no choice other than to "reluctantly" install that next more reliable, expensive, but "cool" upgrade. The electrical system goes out... Redarc. The radio and speakers are subpar... Stinger. The steering is wobbly... PSC. The FAD or diff sensor goes out... Dynatrac. The ride seems rough... EVO coiler conversion. The beauty of it all is that none of this will be my fault; I'll just be reacting to somebody else's poor engineering and quality control and doing what I have to after being victimized by the bad old car company. Right? Who could regret this kind of "door to adventure" mistake?
Sponsored