Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I don’t regret it and I would say my JL is my favorite vehicle over everything I’ve ever owned. I’ve had everything from junkers to Bimmers, and I like the Jeep the best. You have to take it for what it is, it has it quirks but is so much fun to drive and looks so damn good. It’s an experience and a lifestyle.

Mudz

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I’ve had my 21 JLUR for almost 3 weeks now. Driver side running light has been cursed by the eye of Sauron and decides when it wants to work. Sometimes giving it a spanking will get it to light up. Connections look good. Dealership ordered a new unit. Start stop magically deleted itself...which I’m ok with personally but two issues in 3 weeks on a 55k vehicle has me like uhhhhh. Then again, I’m used to driving Fords so broken shit isn’t exactly uncharted territory for me. Fucking love this thing though. Smiles per gallon are 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Lived near Williamsburg for 16 years, I could swear I remember seeing your Jeep or something similar to it there.
I used to go to Jeep shows in PA all the time

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
ROFL that is going to be an experience!
After reading some posts about possible quirks and breakdowns of JLs maybe a tow truck should follow us during this road trip :CWL:

Sponsored

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
IF I were to do it all over again, I probably wouldn't buy it. I don't use it for as much off-roading as I thought, and generally could take pretty much any AWD/4WD the places I have gone (so far). I also don't feel like a new vehicle should be in the shop as much as I have had to take in a car with 15k miles (damper recall, replacement of the damper a 2nd time after it failed, steel steering box, radio issues, battery issues, etc.). These are all things that most people feel are common on a jeep, but shouldn't be given the 60+ years of experience building them. The quality just isn't where I would expect it.

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
We had a 2015 JKU Willys - manual locks and windows, soft top only. We loved it, but after 2 years we traded it for a 4 runner due to needing more security when hauling a lot of expensive softball equipment around for my daughter.

4 runner, over 4 years - absolutely flawless. is a trail edition. quiet, smooth, never in the shop once. the whole time my wife missed having the jeep.

so we have ordered and will take delivery of later this month, a 2021 Freedom Edition. We already have a set of brand new Willys wheels and tires to go on it. got both tops this time. I might, down the road, put a take off rubicon suspension on it, but I doubt we will go bigger than 32s - possibly 33s once we wear out this set of tires. wife will daily drive it 45 miles each way to work when she isn't driving my MINI Cooper S or riding her motorcycle. Only mods will be a security trunk and we she wants the black inserts in the grill and headlight bezels, and we might end up swapping the rubicon rock rails for steps.

Hoping we get a reliable one. Got a great deal on the price and trade in, but haven't asked yet about the extended warranty, which seems like it might be a good idea....

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Absolutely regret buying a damn Jeep! Every time I look at it I think about another modification I need to make.....and each mod takes more money.
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

MikeT987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
Build Thread
Link
Nope, no regrets... but I've only had it about a month. So far I find it fantastic to drive off road, around town, and contrary to what you might read, it's pretty decent on long fast highways. I've always had F-150s, and they're fantastic on the highway, so that was my main concern.

I guess there is one small issue... I can't keep my credit card in my wallet and my mouse off the "order" button for add ons ;)

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Given the cost (>$50K MSRP is not all that hard to do) i imagine there are plenty of people who buy one because it looks cool then they drive it and realize it feels more like driving a pogo stick than a lazy boy.

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Corrosion might be PITA. Other than that, does it suffer from anything else?
Nothing really extreme other than that. Defroster came off and the backup camera didn’t work for a while. Being gone for three months and having my paint protection destroyed really pissed me off.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I love mine, but I’ve had this type of rig for decades. I think a lot of the haters are folks who’ve never waned a Jeep, Thai kitchen that overpriced one the dealers modded with lift and big tires looks cool, then get it home and find out it doesn’t ride or handle like Buffy’s Bimmer and are disappointed. There are two types of folks, those who love them and those who just don’t get it, are mad they aren’t as sophisticated as the typical soccer moms SUV in ride, handling or fuel economy. This latter group will never use them as they were designed to be used and will be constantly complaining, while they former bought them precisely Because of what they are and love them for that very reason. They are unique, specialty niche vehicles. within theit design parameters there is simply nothing readily available that’s better.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
We had a 2015 JKU Willys - manual locks and windows, soft top only. We loved it, but after 2 years we traded it for a 4 runner due to needing more security when hauling a lot of expensive softball equipment around for my daughter.

4 runner, over 4 years - absolutely flawless. is a trail edition. quiet, smooth, never in the shop once. the whole time my wife missed having the jeep.

so we have ordered and will take delivery of later this month, a 2021 Freedom Edition. We already have a set of brand new Willys wheels and tires to go on it. got both tops this time. I might, down the road, put a take off rubicon suspension on it, but I doubt we will go bigger than 32s - possibly 33s once we wear out this set of tires. wife will daily drive it 45 miles each way to work when she isn't driving my MINI Cooper S or riding her motorcycle. Only mods will be a security trunk and we she wants the black inserts in the grill and headlight bezels, and we might end up swapping the rubicon rock rails for steps.

Hoping we get a reliable one. Got a great deal on the price and trade in, but haven't asked yet about the extended warranty, which seems like it might be a good idea....
I put the Diabolical Slipstream in my Jeep and Iove it because I can securely put a lot of stuff in it. It is worth every penny for me.

IMG_3120-X3.jpg

OP
OP
TPS

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
I put the Diabolical Slipstream in my Jeep and Iove it because I can securely put a lot of stuff in it. It is worth every penny for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler? IMG_3120-X3
I know such protection works for soft tops. How about hard top? I chose a hard top for many reasons, one of them being security (weather also - 1/2 of a year in Poland is wet).
Sponsored