Sponsored

Has anybody been to the Doll House? (Canyonlands Maze District)

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
This is one of the trails on my must do list. Earlier this week we did the trail over Elephant Hill. I thought I should start planning now.
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
This is one of the trails on my must do list. Earlier this week we did the trail over Elephant Hill. I thought I should start planning now.
Yes I have been there a few times, most of the trail is pretty tame until you get to Teapot Rock, from there to the Dollhouse is very rough and technical. Picking lines and going slowly will be basically non stop. I've done it in my TJR, JKUR and also my WK2. It's a very remote and amazing place. If I remember correctly Campsite 1 is the best of the 3 sites.

OP
OP

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
If I remember correctly Campsite 1 is the best of the 3 sites.
I'm starting my planning now, leaving on that trip in 4 weeks. I don't recall which number I got at Doll House, I have one night there and one night at Panorama Point. We're also doing the White Rim on this trip. Getting campsites on the White Rim is like getting concert tickets to the Rolling Stones, but I managed to get one night at one of the less desirable spots.

I was going to look for another vehicle to go along but I don't know for sure if it is easy to add to my permit.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm starting my planning now, leaving on that trip in 4 weeks. I don't recall which number I got at Doll House, I have one night there and one night at Panorama Point. We're also doing the White Rim on this trip. Getting campsites on the White Rim is like getting concert tickets to the Rolling Stones, but I managed to get one night at one of the less desirable spots.
Sounds like a great time, White Rim is long but not too rough overall. Yes that is a very popular trail, it's been a while since I've done that and longer since I've done Elephant Hill ....I did Maze to the Dollhouse in spring of 19'. I think I've been to the Maze about 5 times or so. Have a fun safe journey.

I'm headed to Moab at the end of the month... definitely looking forward to that.
Sponsored