Sponsored

Has any one got their 392 Extreme Recon yet?

M.F

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 392 extreme recon
I have had mine on order since day 1 of order availability. I have called and they keep telling me that they are looking for parts. Today they told me that there is no available date to start production on the Extreme Recon 392, That they are still waiting the simi conductor. I find that quite strange giving they are still shipping 392 wranglers to dealers along with 3.6L Extreme recons. Not to mention the 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys extreme recon. So what is the real reason?
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have had mine on order since day 1 of order availability. I have called and they keep telling me that they are looking for parts. Today they told me that there is no available date to start production on the Extreme Recon 392, That they are still waiting the simi conductor. I find that quite strange giving they are still shipping 392 wranglers to dealers along with 3.6L Extreme recons. Not to mention the 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys extreme recon. So what is the real reason?

Well funny, people are posting pics of 392XR's being delivered and in showrooms the past week or so. So they are lying to you.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Here is proof

Jeep Wrangler JL Has any one got their 392 Extreme Recon yet? This is IT

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Ha! Thatā€™s mine. šŸ˜€
hahaha Yes it is!! And looks EXACTLY like what I ordered 101 days ago lol!!! Can't wait to see more pictures

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
hahaha Yes it is!! And looks EXACTLY like what I ordered 101 days ago lol!!! Can't wait to see more pictures
Youā€™ll love it! i actually donā€™t have too many pics yet, but hereā€™s the one when she got her present šŸ˜‰

Jeep Wrangler JL Has any one got their 392 Extreme Recon yet? B69BDAFA-6A3E-4283-8D7D-DE6DA7D73822
Jeep Wrangler JL Has any one got their 392 Extreme Recon yet? 7AB00667-AD16-4C88-AECC-829B13AA44CD

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Youā€™ll love it! i actually donā€™t have too many pics yet, but hereā€™s the one when she got her present šŸ˜‰

Jeep Wrangler JL Has any one got their 392 Extreme Recon yet? 7AB00667-AD16-4C88-AECC-829B13AA44CD
Let me know how you like the gearing.

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
Jeep looks great! The bow on the hood is a nice touch! Nice work man!

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Let me know how you like the gearing.
i like it so far, but admittedly I havenā€™t fully gotten on it yet - got a couple hundred more miles to 500 and then Iā€™ll go full send - nor have I wheeled it yet.

but, definitely a better seat of the pants feel relative to the several other >35ā€ tire rigs in which Iā€™ve spent significant seat time. The torque to nutty ā€¦ itā€™s available down low in the rpm range; between the lower gearing and the torque, I canā€™t wait to get out in the rocks with 37s. though, I do think I may want to upgrade axle shafts, probably RCVs

Last edited:

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
i like it so far, but admittedly I havenā€™t fully gotten on it yet - got a couple hundred more miles to 500 and then Iā€™ll go full send - not have I wheeled it yet.

but, definitely a better seat of the pants feel relative to the several other >35ā€ tire rigs in which Iā€™ve spent significant seat time. The torque to nutty ā€¦ itā€™s available down low in the rpm range; between the lower gearing and the torque, I canā€™t wait to get out in the rocks with 37s. though, I do think I may want to upgrade axle shafts, probably RCVs
Good to know. Still trying to determine if I should eventually regear. Itā€™s honestly not too bad right now so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth breaking the warranty.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Good to know. Still trying to determine if I should eventually regear. Itā€™s honestly not too bad right now so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth breaking the warranty.
what tire size are you running?

the thing has so much torque down low, you can get away with higher gearing, IMO - especially if trail time is more out west, than east coast; I could maybe see some issues on steep, slippery downhills where one may be wanting low gearing plus compression braking to help control the rig. But, thatā€™s a generally rare circumstance-

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many

Definitely a personal choice IMO. Mine with the 39"BFGs, which are not a true 39", runs so well I just don't feel the need to regear. It pulls so well it's crazy. Even with the 40"s I ran it pulled HARD. Absolutely if I had the choice I would go with the XR pkg for the 4:56, but it wasn't an option when I got mine and it is not worth it to me to change.

Sam

OP
OP

M.F

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 392 extreme recon
Well funny, people are posting pics of 392XR's being delivered and in showrooms the past week or so. So they are lying to you.
Still have not received my jeep
Sponsored