Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Hey guys I’m Kaif, and I’m new here!!

Have 2022 wranglers have started being built?
I’m hearing mixed things, some people have said their order is waiting to be shipped and there are people like me who have been waiting on any updates. So far I’ve only received my vin# but I hope they start the building process soon!

Btw would love to learn something new around here, tips, advice, or anything’s appreciated.
Sponsored

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
Oh heck yeah.

It depends what you ordered. Diesels barely started production on Monday according to cryptostickers. But I have been reading the forums and some lucky ducks already received their 2022 MY Jeeps that have other engine configs.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
They started building 2022s on December 16. They were shut down considerable amount of time for Christmas and New Years, so they really only started building in serious numbers starting January 5.

LOTS of Wranglers are being built, but there are LOOOOTS of orders on the books since people were able to order 2022s starting in mid October. You're correct some people have been getting build/shipping notifications for their early orders, and others even have their trucks already! But that's definitely a minority of early orderers at this point.

Tons of going discussion in these forum topics:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-order-date-vin-and-actual-deliveries.83840/

OP
OP
Kaif Momin

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Oh heck yeah.

It depends what you ordered. Diesels barely started production on Monday according to cryptostickers. But I have been reading the forums and some lucky ducks already received their 2022 MY Jeeps that have other engine configs.
I ordered the 3.6L v6. Exactly what I’m talking about, I have a friend who’s wrangler has already been shipped.

OP
OP
Kaif Momin

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
They started building 2022s on December 16. They were shut down considerable amount of time for Christmas and New Years, so they really only started building in serious numbers starting January 5.

LOTS of Wranglers are being built, but there are LOOOOTS of orders on the books since people were able to order 2022s starting in mid October. You're correct some people have been getting build/shipping notifications for their early orders, and others even have their trucks already! But that's definitely a minority of early orderers at this point.

Tons of going discussion in these forum topics:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-order-date-vin-and-actual-deliveries.83840/
It’s understandable, but I ordered mid October and I have a buddy who did it a while after but he’s still on the lead with the build process (most likely done) and I’m over here still stuck on the D1 phase.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It’s understandable, but I ordered mid October and I have a buddy who did it a while after but he’s still on the lead with the build process (most likely done) and I’m over here still stuck on the D1 phase.
2022's are definitely running.

It depends on what options are ordered. Any single parts delay can hold up any build. Your buddy's later order and build probably has parts availability where yours might be waiting for a certain part.

What is your build, what did you order?

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
It's definitely frustrating, but there are so many variables at play you really can't look at just a handful of builds and try to apply those findings across the whole of production. Jeep does not build them in the sequence they are ordered.

Someone's gonna be first, and someone's gonna be last. These kinds of build prioritizations based on parts, models, and a million other variables wouldn't be nearly as noticeable when production is running 100% and they're making several hundred Wranglers per day. But when production capacity is limited due to staff shortages, parts shortages, and shipping issues ... it just makes everyone notice the small differences in build priority, because what would normally be a couple days' difference is now a couple weeks' difference in being built.

OP
OP
Kaif Momin

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
2022's are definitely running.

It depends on what options are ordered. Any single parts delay can hold up any build. Your buddy's later order and build probably has parts availability where yours might be waiting for a certain part.

What is your build, what did you order?
I ordered a Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L v6 (Black)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L v6 (Black)
What actual options did you order. Did you add any of the Mopar options or accessories?

I LOVE black, so sinsiter. Very Vader like, especially the front grill when you look at the 7 slots and lights. NICE!

ArchDad

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi all, new here. Jeep Chat today to get delivery status. Was told that my vehicle was released for transit, but sent to storage to wait for transit to be scheduled? Anyone have an idea on what the delay might be?

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Hi all, new here. Jeep Chat today to get delivery status. Was told that my vehicle was released for transit, but sent to storage to wait for transit to be scheduled? Anyone have an idea on what the delay might be?
Shipping is a nightmare right now. If it's due to be shipped via truck, they may be waiting on enough Jeeps to fill it, or waiting to find a driver.

How far from your dealership to Toledo?

Some rumblings about a train strike could make things interesting if it's farther than their train distance.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...nions-threaten-strike-over-attendance-policy/

ArchDad

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Shipping is a nightmare right now. If it's due to be shipped via truck, they may be waiting on enough Jeeps to fill it, or waiting to find a driver.

How far from your dealership to Toledo?

Some rumblings about a train strike could make things interesting if it's farther than their train distance.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...nions-threaten-strike-over-attendance-policy/
Thanks. I'm about 1,100 mi from Toledo. Makes sense that they may be waiting to fill one or more train cars.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'm about 1,100 mi from Toledo. Makes sense that they may be waiting to fill one or more train cars.
More than likely they are waiting for the train to fill.

OP
OP
Kaif Momin

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
What actual options did you order. Did you add any of the Mopar options or accessories?

I LOVE black, so sinsiter. Very Vader like, especially the front grill when you look at the 7 slots and lights. NICE!
I’ll just list out what I’ve added.

-Leather trimmed bucket seats

-Premium audio system but I was told that it came standard in the 22' Sahara and the Rubicon models

-Safety group and Advanced safety group

-Cold Weather package

-The led lighting group

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll just list out what I’ve added.

-Leather trimmed bucket seats

-Premium audio system but I was told that it came standard in the 22' Sahara and the Rubicon models

-Safety group and Advanced safety group

-Cold Weather package

-The led lighting group
The Advanced Safety Group might possibly be the hold up.
Sponsored