harsh ride with metalcloak 2.5 game changer with rocksport shocks

Jas1234on

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU rubicon
I just had my JLU rubicon lifted and the ride is vary harsh. Expansion joints sound like a hammer hitting the dash. I was told the suspension would settle in within a few weeks so hoping for the best. I was thinking of upgrading the shocks to falcon adjustable but don’t want to waste the money if that does not solve the issue. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just had my JLU rubicon lifted and the ride is vary harsh. Expansion joints sound like a hammer hitting the dash. I was told the suspension would settle in within a few weeks so hoping for the best. I was thinking of upgrading the shocks to falcon adjustable but don’t want to waste the money if that does not solve the issue. Any ideas?
Most aftermarket suspension will be stiffer than stock. And it won't 'settle in' in a week and magically becomes 'better'. However, you will get used to it and that's just boiling the frog slowly and kicking the ball down the road so to speak.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Did you also replace the tires with some load range D or E tires at the same time? If so, they are stiffer so that will affect the ride, especially if you are running too much air in them.

I'm running Fox shocks with my Game Changer 2.5 and am very happy with the ride. I ended up using shocks that Fox recommends for a larger lift since they matched the lengths of the Rocksport shocks pretty closely. The setup is a little stiffer than stock, but I like it. Stock felt kinda loose and under damped.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

yes, did you change tires at the same time? that seems to be a common time people make the switch (lift and tires) and then think its the suspensions fault. if they went with stiff tires.

i have this lift kit on my radar so im curious to see if its your tires. i do not want a stiff ride. a little stiffer is one thing but i am very much enjoying the stock ride quality.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
RockSports are about the nicest riding shock out there but MC springs are known to be on the stiff side. rockSorts combined with RockKrawler Triple rate springs is a whole other ride. The RockSports complement the plush ride of the Triple rate springs. The expansion joint hammering is also caused by you front lower control arms. Adding Rancho Geometry Correction brackets will address that issue.
Sponsored