Harsh ride from metalcloak 2.5 lift with rocksport shocks

Jas1234on

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU rubicon
I just had my JLU rubicon lifted and the ride is vary harsh. Expansion joints sound like a hammer hitting the dash. I was told the suspension would settle in within a few weeks so hoping for the best. I was thinking of upgrading the shocks to falcon adjustable but don’t want to waste the money if that does not solve the issue. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my JLU rubicon lifted and the ride is vary harsh. Expansion joints sound like a hammer hitting the dash. I was told the suspension would settle in within a few weeks so hoping for the best. I was thinking of upgrading the shocks to falcon adjustable but don’t want to waste the money if that does not solve the issue. Any ideas?
Its not the shocks, its the springs. Rocksport shocks are incredibly soft

OP
OP

Jas1234on

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU rubicon
Its not the shocks, its the springs. Rocksport shocks are incredibly soft
Ok thanks for the info. So do you think this needs to be broken in or should I look into diff springs.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks for the info. So do you think this needs to be broken in or should I look into diff springs.
If youre after a softer ride, its harder to do with lift springs. But essentially yes, accutunes springs are pretty soft, rock krawlers 2.5s with the rocksports are pretty soft. Soft is subjective though. My soft is not your soft.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
It wont get any softer with breaking in, just sit a bit lower

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jas1234on

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU rubicon
Called manufacture they also suggested fox 2.5 adjustable to help smooth the ride. They are pricey

FasEddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you also change tires along with the lift? If yes, maybe the air pressure is too high or the tires are a higher load range. Either of these might add to harshness.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Called manufacture they also suggested fox 2.5 adjustable to help smooth the ride. They are pricey
Metalcloak suggested the Fox shocks? They are always pushing their shocks as they state they are perfectly tuned for the lift. I have been going back and forth on which shocks to go with the MC lift.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
But essentially yes, accutunes springs are pretty soft
I installed the accutunes a few weeks ago. They're actually firmer and more controlled than stock, less squat and dive, corner better and actually RIDE better than stock! Not sure how they do it, but they're super nice. The jeep rides and handles like my HD truck now with plush ride thuren springs on it.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the accutunes a few weeks ago. They're actually firmer and more controlled than stock, less squat and dive, corner better and actually RIDE better than stock! Not sure how they do it, but they're super nice. The jeep rides and handles like my HD truck now with plush ride thuren springs on it.
Yeah i didnt mean soft like stock, i just meant softer than some company lift springs. They do have a good rate to them, i had them for awhile too. What shocks are you using?

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah i didnt mean soft like stock, i just meant softer than some company lift springs. They do have a good rate to them, i had them for awhile too. What shocks are you using?
Fox 2.0.. they seem to match up well with the springs.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Metalcloak suggested the Fox shocks? They are always pushing their shocks as they state they are perfectly tuned for the lift. I have been going back and forth on which shocks to go with the MC lift.
Did you ever decide?

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
The MC springs are definitely stiffer, I feel every little bump and dip in the road. Doesnt bother me at all, i actually like it, but its a stark difference from stock suspension imo, took a good week for me to get a feel for it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The best fix for harsh ride?

Just keep driving it.

You will get used to it and won't bother you any more.
Sponsored