Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped my Fox 2.0's (which were good shocks) to rough country vertex 2.5'' 8-way adjustable shocks a few weeks ago. Believe me, you *do not* have to deal with a harsh ride. These shocks are incredible. HUGE upgrade and the first thing I should have spent money on. For an additional $1700 msrp on the JL (or whatever cost Jeep could source these) they would sell every Jeep on the lot. It's such a massive upgrade. I could blindfold someone and take them for a ride, even on 35'' mud tires and they wouldn't believe they were in a Jeep.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I swapped my Fox 2.0's (which were good shocks) to rough country vertex 2.5'' 8-way adjustable shocks a few weeks ago. Believe me, you *do not* have to deal with a harsh ride. These shocks are incredible. HUGE upgrade and the first thing I should have spent money on. For an additional $1700 msrp on the JL (or whatever cost Jeep could source these) they would sell every Jeep on the lot. It's such a massive upgrade. I could blindfold someone and take them for a ride, even on 35'' mud tires and they wouldn't believe they were in a Jeep.
I been eyeing the RC Vertex for a while now, seems like super good value.
Will probably be my next shocks.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I been eyeing the RC Vertex for a while now, seems like super good value.
Will probably be my next shocks.
I can't recommend them enough. I sprayed them with some boeshield T-9 and fluid film this week because I love them so much that I'm worried about corrosion. They're $1700 and not rebuildable (or so they say, maybe someplace can) but have a 3 year warranty. If they only last 3 years I'd still be happy I'd spent the $1700 on them. They're that good.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I can't recommend them enough. I sprayed them with some boeshield T-9 and fluid film this week because I love them so much that I'm worried about corrosion. They're $1700 and not rebuildable (or so they say, maybe someplace can) but have a 3 year warranty. If they only last 3 years I'd still have have been happy I'd spent the $1700 on them. They're that good.
I believe you. =)

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you. =)
Maybe the falcons and rock krawler RRD's are as good/better(?). I'd sure like to try them but can't imagine they would be that much better performing. I know in the $1500-$2k price range for a full set those are pretty much your options.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Maybe the falcons and rock krawler RRD's are as good/better(?). I'd sure like to try them but can't imagine they would be that much better performing. I know in the $1500-$2k price range for a full set those are pretty much your options.
You can also get the Fox 2.0 RR custom tuned from Accutune for around $1400.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can also get the Fox 2.0 RR custom tuned from Accutune for around $1400.
Yeah, I just got an email from them today. They have some front 2.0 resi marked down for $629 with the 'adventure tune'. I dunno though, still a 2.0. I'm sure they're a lot better than the 2.0 non resi/adjustable and accutune could likely tune them perfectly with their rep.

The ability to play with the adjusters is a big deal. I've never had adjustables and it's really nice to be able to crank them up or down when you want to play. I don't think I'd be happy unless they were tuned perfectly for my springs, and then wouldn't be able to adjust compression for high(er) speed off road stuff.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah, I just got an email from them today. They have some front 2.0 resi marked down for $629 with the 'adventure tune'. I dunno though, still a 2.0. I'm sure they're a lot better than the 2.0 non resi/adjustable and accutune could likely tune them perfectly with their rep.

The ability to play with the adjusters is a big deal. I've never had adjustables and it's really nice to be able to crank them up or down when you want to play. I don't think I'd be happy unless they were tuned perfectly for my springs, and then wouldn't be able to adjust compression for high(er) speed off road stuff.
Yeah I’ve been running the RK RRDs for a little over 2 years now and I’m really happy with them. When I go long arm next year I’m going to drop my rig off at accutune and let them dial in front coil overs and rear DSCs.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’ve been running the RK RRDs for a little over 2 years now and I’m really happy with them. When I go long arm next year I’m going to drop my rig off at accutune and let them dial in front coil overs and rear DSCs.
Sounds like an excellent plan. Long arms and a rebel off road bolt on coilover kit would be the shit.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Just goes to show how everyone's opinion on ride comfort is different. I thought my Metalcloak 2.5 GC with Rocksports felt barely any different than stock.

JEEF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2008 Audi S5; 1977 Chevrolet Blazer; 1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville; 1999 Chevrolet Silverado; 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe; 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo; 2001 Honda XR650R;
To the OP, sounds like you need to lower your tire pressure.

I don’t know why, but it seems like most people really have hangups about lowering their pressure below the 37 psi it calls for on the door jamb decal. All vehicles nowadays call for higher tire pressures for fuel economy reasons, not comfort, or handling.

Try 28 - 30 psi and just see how it drives. You’ll know then. If you don’t have a Tazer, or something like that, your TPMS light will come on, but you’ll see how much nicer it drives. Then, inflate it up to about 32 PSI cold. I think anything lower than that in the TPMS light will come on.

The difference in how it feels will be night and day, and you’ll barely notice when it comes to feel economy. If manufacturers can pick up .25 mpg by specifying a higher tire pressure, they’re going to do it.

You’ll get more even tire wear too. Ever wonder why when your tires wear out there bald down the middle of the tire, but there’s still tread left at the edges? That’s why.
Sponsored