Sponsored

Harley changing the name of the Fat Boy!

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, which has been making legendary motorcycles for 116 years, had been targeted in recent months by vocal protests organized on social media and various boycotting campaigns from individuals and organizations who felt that “Fat Boy” was a form of body shaming. Not wanting to alienate potential new customers, the company chose “Big Boned” as a replacement moniker to appease critics.
Link: https://www.hdforums.com/articles/harley-davidson-to-change-name-of-fat-boy-to-big-boned/
Sponsored

MedicalCowboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Pipefitter
Other than myself and maybe one other person everybody I’ve ever seen on a fat boy is a fat ass. And they’re proud of it. I don’t know who’s doing all this sh*t, but they need to sit down, shut up, and quit ruining my life. :swear::CWL:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Other than myself and maybe one other person everybody I’ve ever seen on a fat boy is a fat ass. And they’re proud of it. I don’t know who’s doing all this sh*t, but they need to sit down, shut up, and quit ruining my life. :swear::CWL:
You do know what today's date is, right?

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I highly recommend reading the entire article before commenting ;)

Sponsored

Mopartner

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 2015 Sprinter
Most people don't know even know why the Harley is called Fat boy. It first appeared on the 1990 Softail version as a silver bike with yellow striping the same colors of the two bombs over Japan. The "Fat Man" and the "Little Boy. The wheels were solid to emulate the B-29 Enola Gays wheels. This was to mock the emerging Japanese motorcycle sales
Often referred to "Jap junk" This Harley marketing campaign sort of slid under the mass market radar.
Sponsored