Sponsored

Hardwire your Dash Cam

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
The JL’s fuse box isn’t in the cab, if I’m not mistaken. I believe everything is under the hood.
Yeah it is. If you have an electric mirror, you can splice in there. if not, you will have to run a line under the hood.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah it is. If you have an electric mirror, you can splice in there. if not, you will have to run a line under the hood.
I’m running it to the 12V hot that’s bundled with the aux switch wires.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The fuse box is under the hood, but you're correct, the electric mirror has a 12V wire you can tap into. If you don't have the electric mirror, there's a set of power wires in the driver's side roll bar (under the plastic). I'm speaking of the section that runs across the driver's door. There's another thread on here somewhere related to dashcam's that has a picture of those wires. I use them for my radar detector.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The fuse box is under the hood, but you're correct, the electric mirror has a 12V wire you can tap into. If you don't have the electric mirror, there's a set of power wires in the driver's side roll bar (under the plastic). I'm speaking of the section that runs across the driver's door. There's another thread on here somewhere related to dashcam's that has a picture of those wires. I use them for my radar detector.
I'll look for this tommorow unless anyone has any extra time this eve!

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

rabs13

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I have a 2019 JLU Sahara and was told not to use the OBD port to power my dash cam, so I ran a hard wire kit (almost identical as pictured above) through the fire wall and to the fuse box. I was told that I should use fuse #14 that is a spare but that doesn't seem to power it while being grounded as well. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored