OP
OP
Gus

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
We have a Wrangler JLU Sport with premium soft top. So far been impressed with the low noise levels and how easy it is to take down or remove. I have sourced a hard top at a dealer that I am looking to buy. I have most of my questions and concerns answered but one I had not considered was if a wrangler JLU originally built with the soft top only option has a different rear spring setup that a wrangler JLU that originally came with a hard top or dual top option. Essentially if I install the hardtop will the jeep sit lower or sag in the back? Perhaps the hard top is not heavy enough to make an impact? Just wondered if anyone else have experienced this?
No difference in suspension and the hard top is not that heavy to begin with for a need of different suspension.
The only difference would be the wiring of rear wiper and defrost. Not sure if it comes with the soft top. Probably it does. You need to double check in the left rear corner if there is any electric connector. And if you have a rear wiper option on your wiper handle.
Sponsored

Hartdt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
No difference in suspension and the hard top is not that heavy to begin with for a need of different suspension.
The only difference would be the wiring of rear wiper and defrost. Not sure if it comes with the soft top. Probably it does. You need to double check in the left rear corner if there is any electric connector. And if you have a rear wiper option on your wiper handle.
Thank you